Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Failure

Old 02-27-02, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failure

I just ordered their album Fantastic Planet after downloading a few songs and really liking them. Plus, I have the Replicants cd and its really good (two of the guys from Failure are on there). I guess I'm just looking for opinons on the band or this particular album. I read many reviews with the general concensus being that Failure is one of the most under-rated bands of the 90's.
Old 02-27-02, 11:45 PM

Is Failure the same band that did the song a few years back, 'Stuck on You'? If so, that was a lovely tune -- I remember keeping it in my head for days.. I might be wrong however.
Old 02-27-02, 11:52 PM

Yes, it's on the album I just bought. Awesome song. Their only radio play.
Old 02-28-02, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome! I thought I would never hear of another Failure fan. I've had their Fantastic Planet cd since 97'. Amazing album. If you like that one go ahead and order Magnified. That album is really great too. It sucks that they broke up.

Another band you might want to check out is On. It's by the lead singer of Failure, Ken Andrews. It's synth-pop stuff and some of the songs are pretty cool. The name of the album is Shifting SKin.