Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New Screenshots: Mario Sunshine, StarFox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, and Metroid

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Screenshots: Mario Sunshine, StarFox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, and Metroid

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-02, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out boys and girls!!!

http://blinkysrus.com/cgi-bin/newspr...4314511,42838,
Old 02-21-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

drool.

Metroid looks great. Hopefully the gameplay will hold up.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the StarFox game looks great too. I'm not sure about that stick he uses though.

Not enough to tell about Mario, and Eternal Darkness looks like it may be just a rehash of older games. Doesn't look like anything too groundbreaking. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Now if we can only get these games RELEASED!

stoolie
Old 02-21-02, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stoolie

Not enough to tell about Mario, and Eternal Darkness looks like it may be just a rehash of older games. Doesn't look like anything too groundbreaking. Let's hope I'm wrong.
I don't know if ED is going to be good, but it's definitely trying to be different.

Those Metroid shots are pretty blah, though.
Old 02-21-02, 03:00 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Starfox looks great. Metroid is starting to look interesting. ED still looks bland, but that really sets up the mood well.

But Mario 64 looked better than those Mario Sunshine pics. Also, the previous Mario Sunshine pics look better than the new ones.

Either the new shots are fake or this is an early alpha version in which case there is a lot more work to be done to release this game this year.

Mario 64:

New Mario Sunshine pic:

Old Mario Sunshine Pic:

I'm leaning toward the new pics being fake.

Last edited by Flay; 02-21-02 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-21-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow! Those Mario Sunshine pics do look terrible. No worry though, the game's gonna look great.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the StarFox game looks great too.
Why would it pain you to say that?

Eternal Darkness looks like it may be just a rehash of older games. Doesn't look like anything too groundbreaking. Let's hope I'm wrong.
You are.
Old 02-21-02, 03:21 PM
Retired

All those shots look outstanding, especially Star Fox.

The Mario Sunshine pics are probably just bad screen shots.

And Flay, Mario 64 doesn't look nearly that good on the N64. The resolution is much to clear in that pic. It's either a fake, cleaned up image, or a screen capture from the game running on an emulator through a 3D graphics card.
Old 02-21-02, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kellehair:

"Why would it pain you to say that?"

Because I found the first two Starfoxes to be quite silly. The only fun I ever had playing was on N64 on four player battle mode. Otherwise, I found both N64 and SNES to be basic and not terribly innovative.

Kellehair:

"You are."

Again, I hope so. There is obviously no way to tell at this time.

stoolie
Old 02-21-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're entitled to your opinions but I don't really see what Starfox being "silly" has to do with the graphics in those pictures and if you read a preview of ED it is obviously going to be innovative.
Old 02-21-02, 03:32 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by joshhinkle
And Flay, Mario 64 doesn't look nearly that good on the N64. The resolution is much to clear in that pic. It's either a fake, cleaned up image, or a screen capture from the game running on an emulator through a 3D graphics card.
Doesn't really matter now.

IGN just put up the shots too. Apparantly, they are real. I suppose it's just a very early version of the game.
Old 02-21-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Why do you suppose that. I was expecting the Mario game to keep the same look as Mario 64. Game looks great to me.
Old 02-21-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Flay

Doesn't really matter now.

IGN just put up the shots too. Apparantly, they are real. I suppose it's just a very early version of the game.
IGN posting something hardly means its real... I'm not saying they are fake or real, just pointing out that IGN is far from definitive, they have been fooled before.
Old 02-21-02, 07:50 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Flay

Don't assume just because the screen shots look bad that the game isn't far along. Nintendo, especially Miyamoto, are notorious for releasing very few screen shots for their games, and when they do they are usually very old shots. They want people to be blown away by what they see at E3 so they're not going to put out current, spectacular shots of Mario or Zelda. They'll wait and steal the show at E3.
Old 02-21-02, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by joshhinkle
All those shots look outstanding, especially Star Fox.

The Mario Sunshine pics are probably just bad screen shots.

lol those shots of mario 64 are screen captures from [edited out] N64 emulator running on a computer probably around 800x600. I was also looking at that and thinking it was too good. The n64 only goes 320x240 I think.

Anyway you can tell those are super early shots of Mario Sunshine, the sky is still a plain blue color, no clouds or texture or anything yet, but its looking ok so far.

Here's what that site said in the fine print:

"(Remember that these are from a magazine, so the colors are kind of pimary, the actual game is more crisp, and has better looking colors.)"

The other games looked pretty good too, I hope metroid isn't going to be a total FPS game but it looks like it will be now. Well metroid is cool so I'll try it out .
Old 02-22-02, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i am 28 years old and i geeked about the new mario game, what the hell is wrong with me
Old 02-22-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Anthony Soprano
i am 28 years old and i geeked about the new mario game, what the hell is wrong with me
You don't have insecurity issues?
Old 02-22-02, 02:17 PM

Mario Sunshine

Those screens must not be near completion. You can tell by the way the sky is one shade of blue, the grass is one shade of green. It had no real death to it. Although Mario does look pretty good in those shots.