Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Castlevania GBA game announced

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 06:42 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Castlevania GBA game announced

Circle of the Moon was the best game on any system in 2001 IMO, so I'm looking forward to this. It comes out June 6 in Japan and no US date has been set yet.

from www.planetgamecube.com:

Konami's following up the success of Circle of the Moon with a new Castlevania game for the GBA.

Castlevania: White Night Concerto is the name of the next game in the Castlevania series. This title will be landing in Japan on June 6th. A US date hasn't been announced yet.

This new title follows the story of Jeust Belmont trying to save his friends (Maxim Quicin and Liddy Erlanger) from Dracula. White Night Concerto will be very similar to Circle of the Moon in terms of gameplay. Except that it seems the DCC card system has been replaced with a new magic book system. Magic Books can be used to power up weapons. Some of the best news concerning this new game is that Ayami Kojima is returning to do the art for White Night Concerto. Kojima also did the art for Circle of the Moon, so players can expect this new title to at least look as great as CotM.
Old 02-20-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hope they make the lighting in the 2nd one better than the 1st.
Old 02-21-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by the_dude8
i hope they make the lighting in the 2nd one better than the 1st.
Indeed they have. The animation is also supposedly much improved.

Old 02-21-02, 10:20 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, the game is supposed to be brighter. Though I personally didn't really mind the first one. I mean it was harder to see than something like Super Mario Advance 1 and 2 but it wasn't impossible to see as many say. Personally I have no problem with the screen at all. I usually sit beside a lamp and have an unmodded Light Shield advance and have no difficulty seeing the screen.
Old 02-21-02, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sweet!! This is awesome! Circle of the Moon is my favorite game on the GBA. Those pictures look pretty cool, glad to see they are making it 2D too. Kinda wished they made it on a next gen system to take advantage of graphics but I can't complain really, the fact that they are making a new 2D castlevania is cool enough! And I was suprised how advanced the graphics of the GBA were (sound too!), almost as good as symphony of the night on the PSX. The darkness wasn't a problem for me on the first one, and this one definitely won't because I'll have the portable monopoly light mod (hopefully! ). But it does look brighter.