Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wreckless-Do I give it more time

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wreckless-Do I give it more time

So, based on some of the preliminary reviews I ordered Wreckless. (Of course, it helped that I got it from GameStop at 39.99.) Anyway, I have played it for about an hour and I feel...hmm, well...somewhat bored. I still play Crazy Taxi on my Dreamcast and have never really gotten bored with that one. However, Wreckless feels somewhat lacking. Yeah, you crash into cars and hit stands and the replays are cool, but where is the sense of fun?

It just doesn't offer me what I thought it would. I just wonder if I should hang in there, or eBay it. There have been some games (MDK2 and Soul Calibur for Dreamcast come to mind) that I started playing and gave up on only to come back months later and really dig them. (Especially MDK2, one of the hardest and best games for the Dreamcast IMO.)

So I'm asking, is Wreckless worth more of my time? Does anyone else feel this way?
Old 02-20-02, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have held off buying it based on the reviews and the posts here.

I would like to see Carmageddon make it to the XBox. That is more of what I thought Wreckless was going to be.
Old 02-20-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I have bad taste cuz I like this game. Given, I have only rented and played it since yesterday. I dont know maybe Im not a very good gamer, cuz its challenging and fun with GREAT graphics.

oh well.

Last edited by boobietheclown; 02-20-02 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-20-02, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Dvdhuds...I felt the same way you did after playing it for my first couple of hours. I was thnking, is this it?

But I have played it quite a bit more & have gone back to other missions to ust goof off & such. Once I unlocked the Monster Truck, I had a ball tearing thru the town with that one. Some missions are crappy & I will never replay them. But others are fun after beating using different cars, going at your own pace, etc.

I would give it at least a few more hours & unluck some more cars & missions before giving it up.
Old 02-20-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What car did y'all use to get the 100 points on the Soup Stand...i think its Mission A-3...???
Old 02-21-02, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by boobietheclown
What car did y'all use to get the 100 points on the Soup Stand...i think its Mission A-3...???
I used the sports car...i forget the exact title of the car, but the red one.

Also, I agree with what you said above. I like this game alot, and I really don't give a good crap about reviews, except for the comic value of the ones in EGM... It's like that with movies. My local paper slammed the hell out of Super Troopers, and I thought it was fricken hilarious.

I like Wreckless, and I'm having a blast with it. It's a rare game almost, as this doesn't get done often. That, and it's a break from my NHL 2002 (third season) addiction. Then again, I got my copy of Wreckless for $20 (DON'T ASK WHERE!!!). Regardless, I was laughing at how people all dive and stuff to get out of the way, but I will agree with everyone else, and say that Crazy Taxi is still a better game to play, but Wreckless really is one of the prettier games out there.
Old 02-21-02, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Friend rented it, and I played it for a bit, wasn't to excited about the game, I wont buy it, maybe I will trade for it and play it more.
Old 02-21-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by boobietheclown
I guess I have bad taste cuz I like this game. Given, I have only rented and played it since yesterday. I dont know maybe Im not a very good gamer, cuz its challenging and fun with GREAT graphics.

oh well.
No, you don't have bad taste. Just a different preference in games.

I gave this game a chance, but to no avail. I didn't like the controls, but here's the ultimate kicker.....
For those of you saying it's fun to just drive around in the monster truck or tank or (insert your favorite vehicle here), just imagine how much more fun it would be to do that if there was no time limit.