Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Other sites like Switchouse.com....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-15-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all....

I really loved switchouse for swapping dvd's - are there any other sites out there that are similar to switchouse.com? Please let me know.....

Thanks,

Matt
Old 02-15-02, 07:38 PM
Suspended

I too was a big fan of switchouse and am wondering if there are any other sites I could use as an alternative.
Old 02-18-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been monitoring the forum at f***edcompany.com on the switchouse closing, and a couple that have been suggested there are:

www.gametz.com
www.swapmonkey.com

http://forum.f***edcompany.com/phpco...0&crapfilter=1

Dvdpricesearch has some kind of swapping service, but I've never heard from anyone that's tried it.

I've looked over these and a couple of smaller-scale sites (that I don't remember), and haven't been impressed. I think what's missing from these sites is a complete catalog of what titles are available. Looking through swapmonkey, there can be 10-15 listings for the same title, which one would have to hunt through looking for a swap.

I will really miss switchouse. It seems to me that SOMEONE could have bought their software system and customer database and run it very inexpensively. It kind of blew my mind to read about the numbers of employees this place had. Pretty much everything I ever did on the site (and I imagine most of the other customers) was completely automated and required no switchouse employees other than those that keep the site running. Maybe I'm just looking at it naively since I've never been in the business personally...

Last edited by Colleen; 02-18-02 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-19-02, 08:54 PM

There aren't any other sites like Switchouse? They really had a good thing there. Why didn't someone buy the company and take it over? The whole system was in place. This, I don't understand.