Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

umm, 5 reasons why June is the best month of the year!!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-02, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

straight from the press release:

1)StarFox(R) Adventures debuts June 10, a joint development effort by the world-renowned game designers at RARE, Ltd., and Nintendo, only for NINTENDO GAMECUBE, retailing for $49.95.

2)The eerily intriguing Eternal Darkness(TM): Sanity's Requiem takes players on an action-filled, psychological adventure on June 24. Rated "M" for mature, this game offers spine-tingling thrills for $49.95.

3)Nintendo will offer a revolutionary wireless controller using RF technology: the innovative Wave Bird(TM) Controller. The Wave Bird Controller will allow people to play NINTENDO GAMECUBE from anywhere in the room, without wires and without having to be directly in front of an infrared receiver. The Wave Bird Controller, priced at $39.95, arrives June 24.

4)June 17 - Wrestlemania X8 arrives

5)June 17- my birthday!!!

Old 02-12-02, 06:54 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

You left out Resident Evil.

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if at least 2 out of 4 (Starfox, ED, X8, and RE) gets yet another delay. My bets are on X8 and Starfox.

In any case, Nintendo probably has E3 locked up with almost complete versions of those 4 games along with playable demos of Mario Sunshine, possibly Metroid, and a long-shot chance of Zelda.

But then again, Nintendo already showed part of their hand. Microsoft and Sony know what to prepare for now.

Last edited by Flay; 02-12-02 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-12-02, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Flay
But then again, Nintendo already showed part of their hand. Microsoft and Sony know what to prepare for now.
Actually they still have a lot of undisclosed games that they haven't shown. All this software is "old" in knowledge sence. What are the developers that make Pikmin, Luigi, Waverace working on now? What about EAD, where is there offering? A large part of Nintendo's first and second party games are still undisclosed. Inaddtion, Rare has 8 seperate dev teams now, I don't see 8 games announced.

However I do agree that a title will be delayed. I can't believe Nintendo would release ED and Starfox in the same month. I'm sure NOJ doesn't like that idea. But hey, who knows...

X8 will be right on time no question.
Old 02-12-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

whens RE coming out?
Old 02-12-02, 07:58 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
whens RE coming out?
IGN Cube says June. No specific date yet.
Old 02-12-02, 08:34 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, that's kind of a bummer...but it was to be expected. Unfortunately, June may be too late for Nintendo to play "catch up" with the other consoles.
Old 02-12-02, 08:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

Star Fox got moved again? I thought it was coming out in the spring?
Old 02-12-02, 09:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Star Fox got moved again? I thought it was coming out in the spring?
Well, technically June 10 is still Spring (but only just).
Old 02-12-02, 09:38 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh, the RE series doesnt really do it for me. Too boring.

todd
Old 02-12-02, 10:14 PM

RE is great and all... but,

ED will spank the hell out of it gameplay wise.

Check this video out now!

"The darkness comes, it will damn us all."

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 02-12-02 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-13-02, 12:09 AM

College Graduation!
That is all that needs to happen in June!

Well, that and a JOB!
Old 02-13-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
Well, that's kind of a bummer...but it was to be expected. Unfortunately, June may be too late for Nintendo to play "catch up" with the other consoles.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Old 02-13-02, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
RE is great and all... but,

ED will spank the hell out of it gameplay wise.

Check this video out now!

"The darkness comes, it will damn us all."
How can you hype this game when the company that's making it has never released a game before? While initial impressions were terrible? While the exact same stuff was said about Evil Dead: Hail to the King?
Old 02-13-02, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by mmconhea

How can you hype this game when the company that's making it has never released a game before? While initial impressions were terrible? While the exact same stuff was said about Evil Dead: Hail to the King?
Oh my.

Seriosusly, I love Evil Dad, and I followed that game forever, and the hype was nothing like this game.

Everyone that has actually seen the real game says it will blow you out of the water. The storyline is set and is awesome.

The game previewed at the Cubeclubs was a demo version over a year old with nearlly all the features disabled. Those "impressions" hardly count for much. And of those "impressions" many people liked it. The game only had a max time of ten min toplay. Ten minutes of 60hours.

The game will rock. Yes I could be wrong, but oh well... doubt it.

Hail to the king baby.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 02-13-02 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-13-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would be happy if just two of these four games was on time.

all four would be nice, but i don't think i've EVER purchased more than 2 games in a month before. especially games that i want to take my time and finish.
Old 02-13-02, 11:29 AM

....june is the best month of the year? Gee, I hope not.
Old 02-13-02, 05:03 PM

looks like I'm wrong about ED. It only got a 66/100.
ED Reviewed!

What a bunch of morons. I can't belive they printed that.
Old 02-13-02, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by White Knight
....june is the best month of the year? Gee, I hope not.
it is!
Old 02-13-02, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How can you hype this game when the company that's making it has never released a game before?
They created the Legacy of Kain world... they made the first one BLood Omen. And then sold the rights to whomever has it know.

And the first was fun... I've got it on my PC right now.
Old 02-14-02, 09:25 AM

looks like I'm wrong about ED. It only got a 66/100.
ED Reviewed!

What a bunch of morons. I can't belive they printed that.
Sometimes a game company will have press meeting and let journalists play the games for early reviews. The game probably wasn't finished, but I'm sure the gameplay was done. The Goal of letting them review it early is to generate hype. But if the game sucks then they just doomed themselves a failure.

I've learned to stop hyping games based on promises. A game company can go around and say they have a million characters and a cool insanity meter and such, but then what have they done in the past with such ideas. This company has never released a console video game before. What experience do they have? None. Can they pull it off? Who knows- they haven't pulled anything off yet. Now Rare, Eurocom, EAD & Neversoft have made some wonderful games and people expect and get a level of quality from their titles.

I'm hoping this game is "da bomb" and all, but there is no basis for expecting this game to be good other than ideas that may or may not be executed well enough to make it a good game.

I am a big ASH fan and I was so pissed that all the work that went into Evil Dead went to waste when the game flopped. IMO- it deserved to.
Old 02-14-02, 10:20 AM

Sometimes a game company will have press meeting and let journalists play the games for early reviews. The game probably wasn't finished, but I'm sure the gameplay was done. The Goal of letting them review it early is to generate hype. But if the game sucks then they just doomed themselves a failure.

I've learned to stop hyping games based on promises. A game company can go around and say they have a million characters and a cool insanity meter and such, but then what have they done in the past with such ideas. This company has never released a console video game before. What experience do they have? None. Can they pull it off? Who knows- they haven't pulled anything off yet. Now Rare, Eurocom, EAD & Neversoft have made some wonderful games and people expect and get a level of quality from their titles.

I'm hoping this game is "da bomb" and all, but there is no basis for expecting this game to be good other than ideas that may or may not be executed well enough to make it a good game.

I am a big ASH fan and I was so pissed that all the work that went into Evil Dead went to waste when the game flopped. IMO- it deserved to.
Silcion Knights created the Legacy of Kain world, for starters. In addition the Too Human story line.

2nd, if you follow the link PGC explains that they believe the review was of a cubeclub copy, not a "press meeting". Infact, they have never had a "press meeting" and let anyone play it, the only meetings they have had have been to show things, not play. The review is bougus that is clear as day.

Finally, Nintendo is over seeing this game, I think that can guaran tee its quality pretty darn well.

But yes it could be a bunch of dressed up dog snot, but after reviewing loads of info, it sure don't appear that way to me.
Old 02-14-02, 11:27 AM

But yes it could be a bunch of dressed up dog snot, but after reviewing loads of info, it sure don't appear that way to me.
I hope it's good too man, I really need a good Cube game to play.
Old 02-14-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Silcion Knights created the Legacy of Kain world, for starters.
The first Blood Omen was pretty craptacular from what I remember.
Old 02-14-02, 11:52 PM
Retired

Originally posted by joltaddict

The first Blood Omen was pretty craptacular from what I remember.

Actually it was an awesome game and got great reviews. However on the PSX the load times were absolutely horrendous. It loaded everytime you went through a door or basically every 2 or 3 screens and it loaded slow, like 10-20 second pauses, so maybe that's why you remember it as "craptacular." The story and gameplay were great, the load times just made it a chore to play at times.