Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Decent GBA deal

Old 02-12-02, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Decent GBA deal

etoys has the console and freed accesory pack for 69.99 plus there is a $10 of $30 flying around if you get on their email list, so it works out to about $65 shipped, which ain't all bad. I may finally dive in on this. Still wish it was backlit, but hopefully portablemonopoly.com gets his thing done soon.
Old 02-12-02, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great deal. I was just thinking about picking up a GBA myself. Can anyone tell me more about the $10 off coupon? How do I get it?

Thanks
Jerry
Old 02-13-02, 11:42 AM

I think you gotta sign up as a new customer and then they email you a code..

When you buy a GBA, make sure you buy a light too.. The screen is just too dark and hard on your eyes IMHO, The best light is the Lightshield from Pelican accessories

--mike
Old 02-13-02, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by leemik
I think you gotta sign up as a new customer and then they email you a code..

When you buy a GBA, make sure you buy a light too.. The screen is just too dark and hard on your eyes IMHO, The best light is the Lightshield from Pelican accessories

--mike
Thanks for the advice. I actually found the $10 off $30 purchase coupon in another thread.

What about battery paks? Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thanks
Jerry
Old 02-13-02, 02:18 PM

Just get any standard AA rechargable barrery pak..it's cheap and works fine

--mike
Old 02-13-02, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jerry4fish
What about battery paks? Does anybody have any suggestion?
I recommend the Mad Catz Power Station. I picked one up at eToys for $19.99. It consists of a charging base and two battery packs. You can charge one of the battery packs in the base and also charge the other one while it is in the GameBoy Advance, by sitting it in the cradle. Also the battery packs have their own covers built on to them so you don't have to use the battery cover from the GBA. And you can purchase the correct color to match your GBA. By the way, each battery pack lasts 15 hours per charge which is a total of 30 hours of playing time.
Old 02-13-02, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by WWF Jedi

I recommend the Mad Catz Power Station. I picked one up at eToys for $19.99. It consists of a charging base and two battery packs. You can charge one of the battery packs in the base and also charge the other one while it is in the GameBoy Advance, by sitting it in the cradle. Also the battery packs have their own covers built on to them so you don't have to use the battery cover from the GBA. And you can purchase the correct color to match your GBA. By the way, each battery pack lasts 15 hours per charge which is a total of 30 hours of playing time.
Thanks for the advice. In fact this is the one that I was leaning toward. Jedi, do you actually own it? I read somewhere that this battery drains very fast even when the GBA is not in used. Is that true?

Thanks
Jerry
Old 02-13-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes I do own it and I have not noticed any problems with the battery draining when not in use. It seems to last for awhile. I haven't had any marathon sessions of playing for 3+ hours at a time, but I am sure this will hold up.

If you want some more opinions, I recommend that you check out the customre reviews over at Amazon.com. That is what I did before I purchased mine.
Old 02-13-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You might want to skip the charger. Regular batteries last at least 15 hours for me.
Old 02-14-02, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by WWF Jedi
Yes I do own it and I have not noticed any problems with the battery draining when not in use. It seems to last for awhile. I haven't had any marathon sessions of playing for 3+ hours at a time, but I am sure this will hold up.

If you want some more opinions, I recommend that you check out the customre reviews over at Amazon.com. That is what I did before I purchased mine.
Thanks. I will pick one up as soon as my GBA arrives from etoys. Now all I can do is sit here and stare at the Super Mario World that I picked up today from bestbuy. Kind of frustrating... I hope it gets here soon.
Old 02-14-02, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by Kellehair
You might want to skip the charger. Regular batteries last at least 15 hours for me.
Thanks for the advice too. I think I still want a charger as keep buying the batteries might cost more in the long run.

Jerry
Old 02-14-02, 11:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hmm...I've tried both signing up for the newsletter and creating a new account...but no coupon. Any ideas?
Old 02-14-02, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Hmm...I've tried both signing up for the newsletter and creating a new account...but no coupon. Any ideas?
This is the thread where I found the link to the news letter.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=180100

Jerry
Old 02-15-02, 09:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks, Brother! Worked great!

To those that are wondering, it looks like this includes a light and rechargable battery pack.
Old 02-15-02, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Groucho

Thanks, Brother! Worked great!

To those that are wondering, it looks like this includes a light and rechargable battery pack.
No problem, glad that I can help.
My GBA is already shipped, I hope it gets here today.

Jerry
Old 02-19-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got in on this myself ... decent deal, especially considering some accessories. About $65 shipped, after coupon, seems to be about the best deal going. I tried to find better but didn't see anything better in the last 2 weeks.

Now to pick up a game or two ...
Old 02-19-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=180100

Jerry
Thanks bro!!!