Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What should I spend my $30 BB gc on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-02, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I spend my $30 BB gc on?

I've got a $30 gc that expires in two weeks. So what should I get?? I've got a PC, Xbox, DC and soon to own Gameboy Advance. I'm sort of leaning toward a gameboy game since I will be needing those the most. I have never owned a gameboy anything so all of those games will be new to me I do remember really liking Zelda on the original NES and was thinking about getting one of those Oracle games from the gb color. Or mabye Advance Wars.. What do you, my fellow dvdtalk video game talk forum gamers think I should burn this gc on?
Old 02-12-02, 05:32 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I blew mine on the X-Box carrying case. Got it for 7.44 shipped
Old 02-12-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I'm going to preorder VF4 for the PS2.

One tip: Best Buy's preorder area doesn't list ALL of their preorders for a particular system. I had to click the 'V' link at the bottom of the PS2 page to find VF4. Look around more if you don't get results from their search too.
Old 02-12-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no gamecube games i want right now

damnit
Old 02-12-02, 08:29 PM

Mario World: Mario Advance 2 comes out tomorrow (Wednesday), and Best Buy is selling it for $23. I'll be running by tomorrow afternoon to pick up a copy. If you have a copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly (preferably from a free subscription offer, like mine), grab the coupon (around page 70 of the Maximo cover), swing by the B&M location and you can grab it for $18.

Of course if you don't want Mario World, there are other good Gameboy Advance games. I personally really like Advance Wars, and although I haven't played it, Golden Sun is supposedly very good also. I have Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, and while it's fun, I think Advance Wars has more play value to it, and since you're getting a Gameboy Advance you'll probably want one of the 32-bit games to play on it.

Also on sale this week is Wario Land, I believe, for $25. Sonic Advance and Tekken are both $30 each. I'm not sure if these are sale prices or not, or if we're seeing a reduction in Gameboy Advance game costs. Anyway, If you haven't played the game to death and sound interested, I'd personally suggest going for Mario World.