Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Who is getting bored with their Game Cube?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Who is getting bored with their Game Cube?
Yes
32.29%
No
33.33%
I own a PS2/XBOX
34.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This system is so boring!!! I do love the games….but they have no replay value. I think the only one that keeps the system warm (not hot) is Smash Bro's

Star Wars has just no replay value. Playing it over and over again just for medals isn't qualified as value. I have 5 Gold and 8 Silver and that is as far as I go. Luigi has ZERO replay value.

I'm looking forward for of the future first party games- but I know they will be delayed. I just wished Nintendo would bring in more games that aren't kiddy orientated. They truly need 3rd party support.
Old 02-11-02, 06:49 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I am. At this point, I'm thinking about unloading SSB:M and RL and pick them up as bargains some point down the line. But I knew this was coming. Thank goodness the Xbox games are picking up up or I'd be bored like crazy until Q3. I'll probably get JGR and UFC this month.

Maybe this Star Fox game will come out soon and will be a big hit... Here's hoping!

In the meantime, I'm working my way through Halo again. I got stuck on the level after you get beamed up to the ship on legendary mode (those sword guys won't stop) and I just reset the stage in Heroic and it's so fun to sniper (I'm getting better at it). I like the idea of getting good at this game since I think we'll see it go online at some point (I always got my ass handed to me on Q2 Online).

Last edited by Gallant Pig; 02-11-02 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-11-02, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It's put away for the time being and I've been playing the PS2 mostly. To tell you how bored with the new systems I am right now, I just started playing Shining Force III on the Saturn.
Old 02-11-02, 07:03 PM

I sold my gamecube on ebay a few weeks ago. I decided that the right system for me is the XBOX and now need for the gamecube anymore
Old 02-11-02, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Pikmin are all great games. There's not a lot of replay value in the classic sense but I think these games deserved to be played through more than once. Super Monkey Ball and Super Smash Bros. are terrific games with almost infinite replay and multiplayer value. Plus the Cube has Tony Hawk 3 and Madden 2002 -- possibly the best games in their respective genres.

Of course I wish there were more games, but Nintendo hasn't even released any of their big guns yet. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, etc., etc. Plus there's all the excellent games Rare's sure to deliver...eventually.
Old 02-11-02, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I am. I didn't really think about it until last night when I realized that I haven't played my Cube in like the last two weeks, yet in the same time, I've played my NES a ton, and my SNES and Atari 2600 a bit.

- Rogue Leader has no replay value at all
- Tony Hawk did until I played all the way through with all characters. Now it doesn't at all.
- Monkey Ball did until I got through the expert levels and earned a 300 for every score on the Bowling high score list. Still a little replay value for nem, but not that much.
- SSS:M does for multiplayer, but not really for single player.

For me, its more the way newer games play rather than the system that they're on.
Old 02-11-02, 08:01 PM
Retired

I'm not bored with it at all, but the again I don't have the luxury of tons of free time that it appears many people who post in this forum do, judging by the number of games some of you guys buy. Being a full time college student, with classes that take a good bit of homework, and working around 25 hours a week leaves me little free time, and games aren't really my number one hobby.

Anyway. I have Star Wars, Super Smash Bros., Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race, Madden and Tony Hawk 3. All of them are still getting played a lot, except for Tony Hawk 3. I guess I'm just sick of the series after playing the first two games to death.

Rogue Leader has a ton of replay for me, I think it's a blast trying to get medals and, being a star wars nut, I just love playing the cool missons over again. Super Smash Bros. is addictive as hell. I love trying to get all the trophies, and the multiplayers a blast. I still need to beat the expert courses on Wave Race, and I love playing 2 player against my fiance. I also love playing SMB with her, though the main game got old. And Madden is a sports games, and I never get sick of playing them.

That said, if you have a ton of free time, and gaming is your number one favorite thing to do in that free time, then buying a gamecube as your only system probably wasn't the best decision. If you're only going to have one system, then the PS2 is the one to get, simply because of the sheer number of titles coming out. I only have a Gamecube, but I'm happy with the number of titles because I don't have the time or money to buy more than one game every 2 or 3 months.
Old 02-11-02, 08:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by joshhinkle
I'm not bored with it at all, but the again I don't have the luxury of tons of free time that it appears many people who post in this forum do
I was going to say the same thing. Not only do I not have the time to play through all of my games, but I also game on my PC. There'll be plenty of games in the next six months I think to keep everybody happy.
Old 02-11-02, 08:13 PM
Mod Emeritus

I dunno why, but Wave Race has been my more replayed GCN game. SSB:M I got bored on single player and my wife never took to it. I liked Tekken more, this is just too much button mashing for me and I prefer 3D fighting really. I'd love to see a 3D SSB:M! Rogue Leader I lost all motivation for this game. The game just is too disjointed for me to enjoy. I prefered the old X-Wing and Tie Fighter series (I'd love to see them update it as well). I got bored of Luigi while playing it at Toys R Us for 10 minutes. I think I got my Super Monkey Ball fix during New Year's Eve, it was a blast but I don't feel the need to pick it up. Tony Hawk 3 I might get on the XBox if the graphics and framerate are better, otherwise I really wasn't impressed with it on the GCN. I despised Pikmin, I thought it was a terrible game. Let's hope Star Fox rules otherwise I might get rid of this when the PS2 price drops and switch with that, then get this again when Mario comes out.
Old 02-11-02, 08:14 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

I'm extremely bored with mine. I've barely used it. SSBM is boring now. I'm smashed out. Pikmin was fun until I got bored of it five hours later. Rogue Leader, well I put it in, and took it out. Haven't touched it since. Super Monkey ball was cool. But not worth what I paid for it. I like the controllers. It's going to sit there for another year before I use it again.

I mean even with my PS2. I got it on the launch date, but never played it until November/December when I got NHL 2002, Devil May Cry, Agent Under Fire, FFX. But now I'm bored with those games... and it just sits there too.

Same story with the Dreamcast, N64, Saturn. now that I think about it.
Old 02-11-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope. Crazy Taxi is the only one I don't play...and that took all of 10 minutes to figure out. But SSX is in there a lot...plus mywife actually likes to play it too...and she normally hates videogames...

Tony Hawk and RL make it in off and on too...
Old 02-11-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sounds like second hand GameCubes will be easy to come by soon ...
Old 02-11-02, 10:15 PM

I have been bored with mine since launch because I got my cube for games that aren't out yet, i.e. RESIDENT EVIL!!! I can't wait!!

Last edited by mljones99; 02-13-02 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-11-02, 10:20 PM
Mod Emeritus

Does Resident Evil have a firm release date? I forgot about that one. I would like to get that...
Old 02-11-02, 10:52 PM

My friend and I waited in line at target to get our jet black cubes on launch day and since then I have sold mine and my friend's cube is in his closet. We both curse the day we bought it. If I had money I would buy an x-box if I had the $. I mostly just live in the past when Sega was popular, so I guess I'll just figure out which system Sega supports the most in the long run and play my DC until I decide what to buy next.
Old 02-11-02, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Mines very active, but i live in a house with 15 other guys.

It's true, the Nintendo releases are slim right now in terms of the high quality we expect from Nintendo, but [b]lots[b/] more are coming this year, we are in a dry spell.

My xbox is much more idle then my GC. Hell, Goldeneye is played over Halo here at college. (But thats probally because i only have 3 controllers instead of 4)

There is going to be alot coming out later. But even now everyone in the house refers to the GC as the "GPA killa"!
Old 02-12-02, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
I'm not bored with it at all, but the again I don't have the luxury of tons of free time that it appears many people who post in this forum do, judging by the number of games some of you guys buy.
I'm in this boat too, I'm taking way too many credit hours, and working, volunteering, and then practicing (guitar), so I only get to play on the weekends when(if) I have time. Plus I don't have money to get every game as soon as it comes out so I only have a few. You people that are bored should consider yourselves fortunate . I still have yet to play Pikmin, Rogue Leader, and SSX Tricky. If I manage to finish those I'll might Tony Hawk 3 a whirl (I haven't played the series since the first one but people seem to like this one). Of course I have other hobbies too video games is just one .
Old 02-12-02, 09:28 AM
Retired

Shameless trade plug

Originally posted by Kellehair
I think Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Pikmin are all great games.
Originally posted by jrobinson
Pikmin was fun until I got bored of it five hours later.
Originally posted by Outlaw

I still have yet to play Pikmin, Rogue Leader, and SSX Tricky. If I manage to finish those I'll might Tony Hawk 3 a whirl

Ok this is a shameless plug, but I'm having no luck in the exchange forum.

Do any of you still have Pikmin (besides outlaw who obviously still has it as he needs to finish it )? If so is anyone interested in trading it for Tony Hawk 3?

Outlaw, if you finish Pikmin and are interested drop me an e-mail sometime.
Old 02-12-02, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I already have Tony 3. I don't want to trade Pikmin anyway. Sorry.
Old 02-12-02, 10:59 AM

A little bored. I only have a handful of games, (because thats all thats out) so i'm out of new things. However, when people come over thats the unit we end up playing on. A bunch guys came over from my office the other day and they couldn't get enough of monkey fighting on super monkey ball. 3 hours and a whole lotta smack talk later i finally kicked them out.
Old 02-12-02, 11:00 AM

My DC is getting all the attention right now
Old 02-12-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

not bored at all. i still haven't made it through pikmin yet, and next month things pick up a lot.

i play the Gamecube more than anything else thanks to SSBM and Courtside (very underrated game in my opinion), and Tricky.

Not to mention i still have three golds to get in RL.

I have about a month to go before i start getting overloaded with more good games. sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Old 02-12-02, 11:27 AM

I feel let down by Nintendo. There just aren't any captivating games to play for this system. Smash Bros is lame unless I have 3 other people to play. All the other games I have are already played through. And for $50 I don't want to risk getting a mediocre 3rd party game. I'm waiting for Bond to come out.
I think this long time devoted Nintendo Fanboy has no more room for knives in his back from Nintendo.

It looks as though GBA is getting most of my time.
Old 02-12-02, 12:42 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Well, I have a PS2, no Gamecube yet. I have been holding off until the REALLY good games:

Perfect Dark Zero
Metroid Prime
Zelda
Soul Calibur 2 (the game that will make me buy the system)
Starfox adventures

Todd
Old 02-12-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If anyone owned a N64 this lull should seem like nothing new. I expected this when I bought my cube, but when the good stuff starts coming out I will have my Game Cube ready to go. I'm holding off on getting the Bond game for PS2 because I really want to see how it looks on Game Cube. That will probably be my next Game Cube title.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.