Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Thoughts/Reviews of Sonic Advance (and Sonic Pocket Adventure!)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-08-02, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I picked up Sonic Advance the day it came out at EB... Could have saved $10 by waiting but I needed the game (I am a sonicteam/sonic game freak...)

I would have to say I love it! Its definately my favorite GBA title with Wario Land 4 ranking pretty highly also...

The graphics seem great, but almost a little too "cluttered" for my sonic tastes, but still great.. I think its more that the screen is too dark, since I like my sonic graphics bright..

The game is short, I had to stop myself from beating the game in one day... but it has alot of good levels that I find myself replaying... I love quite a few of them and some are excellent updates of old sonic levels... The new grinding move is pretty useless but fun to integrate after getting used to their locations.

The 4 different characters all use the same levels, but I find the game to play very different with them all, and different parts of the levels only/more easily accessible with certain characters.. Knuckles game is obviously alot different for the fact he can climb, and Tails can fly quite a good distance... Amy I am not too fond of, but I wasnt fond of her in Sonic Adventure either..

The Chao garden thing is cool, but my little bastard doesnt talk enough.. I have been feeding him like crazy, and bought him the trumpet and the duck, but the duck doesnt seem to do anything... is he supposed to go play with it or something?

Looks like replay value will be somewhat high considering the 4 characters and the hidden levels, as well as trying to find the chaos emeralds, which I havent been able to find one secret passage yet.

All in all, I love this game and hope they are already working on a Sonic Advance 2!

As for handheld comparison, the sonic games on Game Gear werent that much to talk about, some were fun, but generally sucked... I would like to compare Sonic Pocket Adventure to Sonic Advance though, and see what other people think... I loved Sonic Pocket ADventure, and will see if Sonic Advance ranks higher in my book..

anybody have any thoughts on Sonic Advance or Sonic Pocket Adventure for NGPC?

-Jim
Old 02-08-02, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey man, you are in the exchange part of Video Game Talk.
Old 02-08-02, 03:04 AM
Banned

yes i see that, anyone know how to move this for me back to the videogame talk area?!

-Jim
Old 02-08-02, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by YujiNaka
yes i see that, anyone know how to move this for me back to the videogame talk area?!
Moved from the Video Game Exchange Sub-Forum. -namja
Old 02-08-02, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I still have my copy of Sonic Pocket Adventure and its a great game, but more like Sonic 1 than anything. This new game sounds much cooler since you can use more than just Sonic. I will have to pick it up soon.