Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Purchase problem at half.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-04-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever order something from half.com and it never arrive? I ordered a book on 12/30/01 and today reported that I never got it. Half.com said that if the seller doesn't respond within 48 hours they send a reminder. If there's no answer after another 48 hours (I think) then I'm reimbursed my purchase amount. What are the steps that are taken if the seller replies and says they mailed the book? Do I ever get my money back? Thanks.
Old 02-04-02, 01:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard that these sort of things go by a case-by-case basis. I imagine that they'll check out your rating, and the seller's rating, and check to see if the seller has any proof that s/he sent it, like a receipt, or delivery confirmation. Then they'll decide based on all those things.
Old 02-07-02, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually had the same problem. I ordered a DVD on November 11, and had to wait about 6 weeks before I could file a report. I said I never received the DVD, and the seller replied (4 days later) that he/she sent the DVD. Then last week I finally get my $10.80 refunded to my CC. Took a long time, but they do go on a case by case basis, so it may take a while.
Old 02-10-02, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
They usually will refund you the money, because most of the time, you don't receive a DVD probably because it was never sent. Honestly, I've never lost an item through the mail (though I've had quite a few mutilated)