Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or am I seeing things? Sam Goody's and Suncoast's prices are going up?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is it just me or am I seeing things? Sam Goody's and Suncoast's prices are going up?

Old 02-02-02, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in my local mall a few days while I taking the bus to work. I looked at Sam Goody's CD. They want 18.99-19.99 for a single CD. I did not bother to look at their videotapes> I know their DVD's where full MSRP! Yuck I know that Sam Goody's recently bought Sam Goody and Suncaost. Is this what we get for having Best Buy take over? I'd rather buy my CD's/DVD's at work, Circuit City and online stores

Is this just me or am I seeing things? Has anybody cared to ask these stores why the full MSRP on everything in the whole store?Are Sam Goody's and Suncaost prices indeed going up?

Your thoughts?What's happening in your area with these stores?
Old 02-02-02, 11:00 PM

I don't have Sam Goody in my area, but I'm not going to be surprised if the B&M's do raise prices now that the on-line stores have either gone out of business or raised their prices. Unfortunately, the B&M's had their prices low to compete. No need to any more.
Old 02-02-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...and this is why i refuse to shop at sam goody/suncoast.
their prices always suck.

My guess is the bulk of their ridiculous pricing stems from the inevitably high overhead costs of running business in malls.
Old 02-03-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by edclem
...and this is why i refuse to shop at sam goody/suncoast.
their prices always suck.

My guess is the bulk of their ridiculous pricing stems from the inevitably high overhead costs of running business in malls.
OMG, can their prices get any higher? The problem is with supply and demand. There will just be no end to the customers who will walk into a mall and pay full price on a CD/DVD/etc.
Old 02-04-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You're not seeing things, believe me. When I was an avid VHS collector, Suncoast was the best place to get vids at a decent price. I lived for the 2 for $22 deal. I can't remember the last time I bought anything from them, especially now that I purchase dvds instead of tapes.

I had a gift certificate for FYE that I used yesterday, and it killed me to do it. I picked up the RUSH Chronicles DVD for $19.99 (the gc was for $20). The prices were astronomical. I wouldn't buy anything from any of the old chains anymore, not with Best Buy, DDD, buy.com and Amazon in the picture.