Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Since we are moving threads this morning...how about these ?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Since we are moving threads this morning...how about these ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-02, 10:17 AM
griffin_hr

Sorry for Venting...all is well

Since I don't understand why my thread was moved to the Computer & DVD ROM Forum, maybe these should be moved as well since they are on the same subject .

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=minidv

Or maybe it's because an Administrator participated in the thread and that's why it wasn't moved.

Last edited by griffin_hr; 01-31-02 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-31-02, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get more flies with honey than with vinegar. Tsk. Tsk.
Old 01-31-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Digital camera and camcorder threads have traditionally been allowed to stay in Other. Were some camera/camcorder threads moved or are you making a loose association of some kind?

Oh, moving to Feedback.
Old 01-31-02, 10:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A MiniDV is a camcorder. There's not a "Camcorders" or "Digital Cameras" Forum, and since either can be used without a PC, I believe that's why these threads stay in Other. Your thread was about a PC video card. You kinda need a Computer to use one of those, so doesn't it make sense that it would go in the Computers Forum?
Old 01-31-02, 10:29 AM
griffin_hr

Am I wrong here ? I post a Mini DV video editing question which is in line with the other posts I refferenced above, and my post gets moved to a forum that really has nothing to do with video editing, while the others stay. Sure it is a piece of hardware, but it is not a common piece that most "Computer & DVD Rom Forum" people would care to answer since it is really OFF-Topic as far as that particular forum goes...
Old 01-31-02, 10:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by griffin_hr
Am I wrong here ? I post a Mini DV video editing question which is in line with the other posts I refferenced above, and my post gets moved to a forum that really has nothing to do with video editing, while the others stay. Sure it is a piece of hardware, but it is not a common piece that most "Computer & DVD Rom Forum" people would care to answer since it is really OFF-Topic as far as that particular forum goes...
It is a piece of computer hardware, so it would be on-topic there. I found a picture:

Looks like a PCI video editing card that even supports Windows XP.

Each one of the posts you cite are talking about digital camcorders themselves. I can use a digital camcorder without ever touching a PC. The Matrox 2500 makes a nice doorstop outside of a PC.

Last edited by AndyCapps; 01-31-02 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-31-02, 10:34 AM
griffin_hr

Maybe the confusion is that you think this is a "video" card. This is a "video EDITING" card, completely seperate to ones standard video card.

I give up. Never mind.
Old 01-31-02, 10:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by griffin_hr
Maybe the confusion is that you think this is a "video" card. This is a "video EDITING" card, completely seperate to ones standard video card.
No confusion on my end. I understand the difference. It is a piece of hardware that only works in a computer that you control with computer software. Hey, don't take it personally. If threads didn't get moved to their proper places, we'd have one big chaotic forum. The moderators around here do a good job of keeping Other from being too much of an "anything goes zoo".

Last edited by AndyCapps; 01-31-02 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-31-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Really not a conspiracy.

I move threads about anything I think (and there are some gray areas) is related to computers and peripheral hardware and software. Things I would move to computer forum:

Cable Modem/ISP/Browser issues
Help with my software
My NIC, Printer, Scanner, Router, monitor
How to convert MP3 files or ech issues about MP3s
Best host for my webspot

Things I normally do not move:
Camcorder
Digital Cameras
Non-technical aspects of internet issues

I am sure there are more delineations.
Old 01-31-02, 11:25 AM
griffin_hr

Sorry for venting/accusing, bad morning and it seemed to come to a head at that point.

I really do appreciate the moderators and the time they(you) spend keeping this place free of clutter...

My bad for not searching the other forums first. I am just so used to heading straight for the otter farm that I don't really venture out.

Todd
Old 01-31-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,463 Likes on 930 Posts
I was puzzled when it happened to me, but I let it go. I started a thread about using a digital camera in Other, and it also got moved to the Computer and DVD-ROM Forum. My question still got answered.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=165374
Old 01-31-02, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Although I'm sure someone will see this,

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=179814

I'm fairly sure that one should be moved.