Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

mmm, cookie and cream..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-02, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmm, cookie and cream..

Ok, recently i sold one of my roomates ps2 games and i felt like a heel so i decided to buy her a replacement. i went to my local best buy and what do my eyes see? a 20 ps2 game, that doesnt look like crap. a gift from the gods i say, i purchase said 'the adventures of cookie and cream' and i bring it home to play. OMG this is such a cool game. i think might have to keep and she has to buy her own damn copy. we spent 3 hours last night yelling at each other to pull this lever to jump here, watch out for the flying birdman. i like the coorapative (cant spell so sorry) gameplay perfect for two people. i tried to go solo it was a wee complicated. for those looking to add to the ps2 collection and like puzzle games go pick this up very cool..
Old 01-25-02, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for your review - had seen a review of this on Extended Play and it looked pretty good. One of the very very few videogames (least to my knowledge) that incorporates cooperation as an integral part of the game. Keep posting what you think - still thinking of getting it.
Old 01-25-02, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by stingo
Thanks for your review - had seen a review of this on Extended Play and it looked pretty good. One of the very very few videogames (least to my knowledge) that incorporates cooperation as an integral part of the game. Keep posting what you think - still thinking of getting it.
It's very much worth it, especially at that price. Besides the story mode, there is also a versus mode for up to 4 people. (if you have a multitap) that one was not has much fun. The point is to cross the goal with has many jewels(points) as possible. to get jewels you can pick them off the ground or knock them out of your opponent. There are weapons and whatnot scattered about to make this task easier. Also, back to story mode there are pieces that you need to collect that unlocks other characters for play. i think there is a total of 8 characters to unlock. there are 8 worlds and 4 stages per world. Its kinda short we made it thru 2 1/2 worlds last night. its also not that easy, since as the saying goes 'your only as strong as your weakest link' so if your gamemate can't seem to jump over stupid logs that are so easy a child can do it, (yes last was pretty frustrating) it will be a long agnozing night.
Old 01-25-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife and I got it because she's been wanting a game to play with me and not against (like Tekken). You can't go wrong with C&C for $20. We've only played it a bit because I'm busy with FFX, but we plan on getting to it pretty soon.
Old 01-25-02, 08:25 AM

I've played this game a few times with my brother. It's a fun game with good overall graphics and sound. The stages remind me of the time I was in DisneyWorld, very kid-like and animated. This game is NOT for the impatient and short-tempered as you will most likely yell and scream at your partner for their incompetence in video gaming. Afterall, it is a cooperative game that requires teamwork. Still, it's all for fun.
Old 01-25-02, 12:19 PM

Cookie & Cream

This was one of the first games I picked up for my PS2, in an attempt to convince my wife that the new machine was for BOTH of us. Believe it or not, it worked. It is a GREAT two player, cooperative gaming experience. I am a sucker for silly Japanese games, so this was a no-brainer for me. I am also a puzzle game freak, so this ended up being the best of both worlds. Think the aesthetics of Parappa mixed with the puzzle elements of Bust-a-Move while sharing a controller with your friend. It's lots of fun.

I have also tried playing the game solo a few times. It makes for an interesting puzzle experience, since you can control both characters with one controller (one analog stick is Cookie, the other is Cream). You should give it a try if you like the game.

I paid $29.99 for this at least eight months ago, and it is an absolute STEAL at $19.99.
Old 01-25-02, 05:22 PM

I rented this game when it first came out and loved it. There aren't too many games of this type that require cooperation in the fashion this game has you do. Seeing how its on sale makes me really want to pick it up, but I just got some stuff