Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

For those of you playing FFX....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-02, 01:42 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you playing FFX....

How many hours do you have in the game? gadzooks, i just broke over 71 hours! I'm having fun leveling up and doing all the side quests, haven't beaten the game yet, but i'm in no hurry. Tidus only has a few more spheres left to crack open, though those are mostly level 4 spheres blocking techniques and such. Now i just need to obtain break hp level and break max damage and i'll be all set.

todd
Old 01-15-02, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at around 16, but I started a new game w/ my roomate. We decided to decipher the Al Behd language early on. I didn't know this but:
Spoiler:
There was a primer and a enscripted note early on in the game.
Also, we are trying to change up the love points. I got rehooked on GTA3 this week and finally got to play MGS2, but FFX is waiting, and I will be back for it!
Old 01-15-02, 02:07 AM

Change up the Love points? ??

todd
Old 01-15-02, 02:21 AM

You know how in 7 you could anwser certain questions about the different girls and depending on what you said you go on a date or whatever. I think something like that happens in this one. There is at least three girls. I don't know if there are any mroe...yet.
Old 01-15-02, 03:55 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

I'm about 8 hours through... haven't had time to do much... it's still very slow.
Old 01-15-02, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm about 37 hours in.

Spoiler:

It looks like I need to level up some more. I'm at the point where you battle Seymour at Mt. Gagazette. He isn't too easy either.
Old 01-15-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i finished FFX about 70 hours in. i started to complete all the side quests, but since i couldn't get anima (couldn't go back into the first temple), i decided i'd just go through it again and get everything.

i mean, i don't want to do the thunder plains mini game again. or the chocobo races again.
Old 01-15-02, 11:14 AM

I'm over 100 hours in....and btw, you CAN go back to the other temples after completing the highbridge dialogue after receiving the airship
Old 01-15-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

doh! well, is there anything that you can't do? i'd love to just start from where i am since my players are doing really well now. i'd hate to start over from scratch and watch tidus only do a couple hundred points of damage.
Old 01-15-02, 12:12 PM

only thing that can't be done is
Spoiler:
getting the Al Bhed primers that are in Home after it's destroyed
...aside from that, the game is wide open.
Old 01-15-02, 12:26 PM

I'm about 30 hours in. I need to finish this game before winter break is over (next week). I won't have time afterward! I hope I'm close to the end.
Old 01-15-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Crizzar
only thing that can't be done is
Spoiler:
getting the Al Bhed primers that are in Home after it's destroyed
...aside from that, the game is wide open.
*sigh* anything of importance with the al bhed primers? i know you need it to translate some of the al bhed messages throughout spira, but being able to read those in the game (as opposed to translating it yourself off the web), is there any importance in that?
Old 01-15-02, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by quietsoul

*sigh* anything of importance with the al bhed primers? i know you need it to translate some of the al bhed messages throughout spira, but being able to read those in the game (as opposed to translating it yourself off the web), is there any importance in that?
Not especially... i somehow missed all of the primers there, but I have all of the rest. Almost everything is legible, even with those 3 missing....
Old 01-15-02, 05:00 PM

Re: For those of you playing FFX....

Originally posted by Dragon Fly
How many hours do you have in the game?
The timer for my game reads something like 300 hours, not because I've played that much.... Its because I tend to just push pause when I stop playing rather than turning off the ps2, and the timer doesn't stop moving in pause mode. Annoying.
Old 01-15-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: For those of you playing FFX....

Originally posted by bbox

The timer for my game reads something like 300 hours, not because I've played that much.... Its because I tend to just push pause when I stop playing rather than turning off the ps2, and the timer doesn't stop moving in pause mode. Annoying.
lol! hehe I would think it would stop...it is "pausing" the game afterall but I guess square has a different definition of pausing.

Anyway I've got 38 hours in so far because I've been distracted by a lot of side quests right now. I'm at the part
Spoiler:
Where you have to beat lady Yunalesca and I couldn't beat her so I started backtracking and found all sorts of cool minigames and events in the Calm Lands. I was so close to beating her and then she uses Mega-Death on all my party members-INSTANT KILL! argh! Gotta equip the death ward now

I was also busy getting Wakka's second overdrive (Attack Reel's) so I was busy playing blitz ball. I'm pretty good at it now, Tidus scored 5 goals in one game it was pretty cool. Another cool thing is the Al Bhed compilation sphere. My little sister is also playing on the same memory card I am on a different save file. So we use the compilation sphere and share the Al Bhed Primers from our save files in case we missed one . Its a nice touch!
Old 01-15-02, 07:39 PM

little tip for yunalesca, she kills people who are NOT zomified. If they are zombies when she casts mega death they will not die... i found out the hard way as well :-\

todd
Old 01-15-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bbox

Not especially... i somehow missed all of the primers there, but I have all of the rest. Almost everything is legible, even with those 3 missing....
i read off of gamefaqs that you get something from RIN after you get all the primers. it's like some kind of ring or something -- i doubt it's a special item though.
Old 01-15-02, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by quietsoul

i read off of gamefaqs that you get something from RIN after you get all the primers. it's like some kind of ring or something -- i doubt it's a special item though.
ahh.... didn't realize that.
Old 01-19-02, 08:13 PM

I just finished the game, and the items you get from Lin / Rin after getting all 26 Al Bhed primers is 99x Underdog (Trick?) items. You can use 30, IIRC, to get a Double Overdrive addition to equipment. Not really worth the trouble to get a 100% complete collection, just get the ones you can as you work your way through so you can solve the Al Bhed word puzzles for items later on.
Old 01-20-02, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by Moogz
I just finished the game, and the items you get from Lin / Rin after getting all 26 Al Bhed primers is 99x Underdog (Trick?) items. You can use 30, IIRC, to get a Double Overdrive addition to equipment. Not really worth the trouble to get a 100% complete collection, just get the ones you can as you work your way through so you can solve the Al Bhed word puzzles for items later on.
For anyone that is far into the game and missed primers, then Al Behd language can be figured out by doing a cryptogram at the beginning of the game. I have the language figured out if any really wants to know I can post what each word equals here in a spoiler. Actually, I bet you could probably find this on gamefaqs too. The point is, if you don't want to start a new game but need to figure out the language, it can be done.
Old 01-20-02, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Theres a faq on gamefaqs.com with all the love points listed on it.
I'm like 60 hours in, right now doing the AP trick with Tidus. Ahhh, 99 S-levels in ten minutes is nice.
Old 01-20-02, 04:02 AM

So the AP cheat is still in? They took it out before we left... Maybe they put it back?
Old 01-20-02, 04:17 AM

Yes the AP trick works. I have a Durandal with Triple AP and Overdrive-AP and my overdrive set on Ally, as well as 2 characters with auto-life. I fight Don Tonberry for about 10 minutes, reviving and blocking, and come out with full S-levels.
Old 01-20-02, 04:19 AM

One of the AP tricks was capped. If you have overdrive to Ap, and kill off both of your other party, set the overdrive to Alone, and block constantly on a weak enemy, it limits your ap to about 30k or 1.5 S-levels.
Old 01-20-02, 04:49 AM

Yeah, that's the cheat we used. But it was capped near the end.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.