DVD Talk
Looking to buy or trade for a Nintendo 64 console [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy or trade for a Nintendo 64 console

diacritic
01-14-02, 09:05 PM
I decided to go retro. Looking for a N64 console that is at least in excellent condition. Right now I just want the basics: Console, controller (or two), memory card, and maybe one game (like Mario Kart, or Mario 64).

Email me offers, or look below for what I have to trade:

Gamecube Games:
SSBM
Star Wars Rogue Leader

DVDs

Akira Tin (Sealed)
Disney Treasures: MM in living color
" " Silly Symphonies
Evil Dead in rare Tin Lunchbox (Sealed)
Bedazzled
Mission Impossible 2

Breakfast with Girls
01-15-02, 01:59 PM
If N64 is considered "retro," is the original NES or SNES considered "ancient"? What about Atari? :lol:

diacritic
01-15-02, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
If N64 is considered "retro," is the original NES or SNES considered "ancient"? What about Atari? :lol:

I am not too sure. I think my grandfather played with the NES when he was a kid, and he seems pretty ancient. . .

Actually I grew up on an NES and then I went through a strange book-reading stage when I ignored gaming altogether. I returned to gaming with a gamecube and now I want to see what I missed with the N64. But would it be considered retro? I don't know. Some say the N64 was old technology when it first came out, but people say that about the PS2 as well--which, of course, is not true. But the N64? Yes, I think it is retro gaming. Any system that has been replaced with a successor falls into the "retro" category... NES, SNES are also retro systems. Pong, Intellevision, and Colecovision would all be categorized as ancient, like my Tandy computer.

diacritic
01-16-02, 12:03 AM
ACQUIRED!!

Thanks Matt!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0