Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Prices Creeping Up...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else noticed that Deep Discount DVD's prices aren't quite as deep as they used to be? I'd bought Michael Moore's THE AWFUL TRUTH FIRST SEASON for $19.99, and when I went to check on the new 2nd season, both are now $21.25. Also checked the 2-disc Monty Python sets, and they went up as well. Must all good things pass? Did DDD discover that they were losing too much money? Before, using DDD was a no-brainer, but now, alas, it seems I must comparison shop again...
Old 01-12-02, 01:57 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh, the cost may have crept up a little bit but, according to DVDPriceSearch.com, THE AWFUL TRUTH--Season Two is still (with shipping factored in) $7 cheaper at DeepDiscountDVD than any other online retailer! Let's cut them just a little slack, yes?
Old 01-12-02, 02:59 PM

You're absolutely right, and they're still cheaper on the A&E stuff than anyone else around too. I'll probably continue to use them exclusively. It's just that I hate to see those low low prices start to creep up. Still, DDD offers the best value around, and I'm the first to admit it.
Old 01-13-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully, the increasing prices may just be an indication of inflation or an increase in taxes....
Old 01-13-02, 02:34 AM

As long as they still do price matching it's ok with me.
Old 01-13-02, 06:44 AM

No doubt about it, DDD is constantly at the top (w/shipping factored in) in almost every dvdpricesearch price comparison. Excellent site!
Old 01-13-02, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by astronut1
No doubt about it, DDD is constantly at the top (w/shipping factored in) in almost every dvdpricesearch price comparison. Excellent site!
Agreed. An excellent site. My order volume steadily increases, especially since their shipping got reasonably fast. I even started relocating my pre-orders from DVD Empire to DDD. The prices are just unbeatable.
Old 01-13-02, 06:48 PM

I agree, they are the cheapest out there, if you factor in shipping. Especially if you are looking for newer titles. But you still cant argue that BestBuy, is just as cheap especially on new titles, and you dont have to wait for the shipping.
Old 01-16-02, 05:02 AM

I noticed that all of the A&E/BBC two-disc sets have gone up from $19.18 to $21.25. They include such items besides Monty Python as The Prisoner, Avengers, Secret Agent, and Jeeves & Wooster sets. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, as these are still great prices, at only $2.07 higher than they were. Try finding them anywhere else at comparable prices (including the free shipping). I just should have placed my order a little earlier, as I had several titles in my shopping cart that I was planning to get with Xmas money. Oh well, I ordered some last week anyway and am very happy to continue doing business with DDD.