Offical Jak & Daxter Hint and Tip Thread

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-02, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could really use some help from you guys. That last tip about the roll-jump I got was great. Now I am in the section of the game with the gambler, and herding the creatures underground. How do you catch those purple flying creatures? I chased htem for awhile, tried to cut them off etc...nothing worked. Eventually I gave up and one of them ran into me just producing a few of those green energy boosters. The rest are beyond me. Any help?

SPY

PS: What a great game!
Old 01-11-02, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't really cut them off. Memorize the route they take, and cut corners as much as possible to gain on them. It just takes some practice; there's no real trick to it.
Old 01-11-02, 08:16 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Aghama
You can't really cut them off. Memorize the route they take, and cut corners as much as possible to gain on them. It just takes some practice; there's no real trick to it.
Yep.. its like those egg stealer guys from Spyro Year of the Dragon.

There was no way to cut them off or get ahead of them, because when you did and turned to face them, they went the other way. You just had to try to cut corners to gain on them. Its a pain and I know I sweared a bunch of times at the game. I honestly don't know how kids have the patience for some of the games now. I know that I don't at times.

but I still play, because they are fun. and you get that whole mindset "I will conqure this game!"
Old 01-11-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it took me awhile to take care of that area. Chasing those damn_purple things and flying through those hoops. I was rather miffed at times. Just keep chasing them and jump when you're near them. You'll get it.

If I was a kid still, it'd probably be a breeze. I remember how easy it was to beat games when I was 10, but now I guess I've gotten slower.
Old 01-13-02, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You definitely need the R1 + Jump manuever later on in the game. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there.

I finished the game with 92%.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm too lazy to get 101% to open the Precursor door after you finish off the robot at the end! I don't think it will be worth the effort to get to 101% (all orbs and power cells)
Old 01-13-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by happypants

Spoiler:
I'm too lazy to get 101% to open the Precursor door after you finish off the robot at the end! I don't think it will be worth the effort to get to 101% (all orbs and power cells)
Spoiler:
Oh, it's definitely not worth it. The reward isn't "100 Skulltulas" bad, but it's close.