DVD Talk
Any good online DVD retailers that accept Paypal?? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Any good online DVD retailers that accept Paypal??

jerschwab
01-09-02, 09:37 PM
I have some credit to burn off.... thanks!

Craig
01-09-02, 09:47 PM
If you explore the PayPal website, look around. They have a thing where you can get a one-time use Credit Card number that you can use anywhere that accepts Credit Cards. You don't have to get their card or anything, you can use it right away. I e-mailed them about it a while back, but if you do that you don't get cash back like you would if you have the actual card. Otherwise, it should work anywhere! Hope you find this useful.

Tesiae
01-09-02, 10:21 PM
jersh: Try out www.bigcd.com

I've bought discs from them several times now and they're good. Plus they have free shipping.

JamesBrian
01-09-02, 11:37 PM
There is a paypal button at www.digitaleyes.net although I've never used Paypal there.

Great selection of offbeat stuff that you won't find at DeepDD, no sales tax for me in CA because they're in Nashville. Very fast shipping for in-stock DVD's. Shipping for first DVD $2.90, each additional $.95 - buy 2 DVD's that ship together and they upgrade to USPS priority. Twice in December I had pre-orders of 2 items ship separately by priority when one was delayed. Phone # is 1-800-649-5351

Competitive pricing for pre-orders. Every couple weeks they have a clearance sale and knock a few bucks off about 1,000 titles. FAQ says they don't hold clearance items to ship together, so don't mix them with a pre-order. I like this place when I'm in a hurry, bought 14 DVDs there since October.

gh0stfaceX
01-10-02, 12:05 AM
If you listen to Craig, you can use paypal money for anything online.

I've used paypal $$$ on CDnow with paypal's one time use credit card. basically, you tell them you want to buy something (i think its under the shop online tab) and they just generate a credit card #, exp. date, mastercard thing for you. just use that info as you would any other credit card and baaazzaaam! it deducts the $$$ from your paypal balance.

jerschwab
01-10-02, 01:32 AM
I can't find the Paypal shop online thing... this is really annoying. A great feature that I can't use!

Craig
01-10-02, 01:44 AM
OK, here ya go. I went to PayPal.com, signed in. On the tabs available, there is one called "Shop" Click on that one, and on the upper right side of your page, it says, "Shop Anywhere" Click on that, and you're in like Flynn, or someone else who gets into places easily. <grin> Check it out!

greekboy
01-10-02, 05:51 AM
I'm not sure that Canadians can use this option because I can't find "Shop Anywhere" when I follow those steps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0