Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

My JCPenny phone conversation...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was wondering what was taking so long to get my wonderful JC Penny items I ordered online with my 20 gift card I got for Christmas.

I decided to check out the website. First, it reads that my package was EXCEPTION (dunno what that means), and then it reads they tried to deliver it yesterday. I wasn't home, so they'll retry monday. It also reads they were in Belton for delivery.

Now, I was here ALL day yesterday, and I don't live in Belton.

I call the JC Penny phone number listed on my order receipt print-out and from the start it didn't go so well. I didn't hear what the lady said when she answered my call so I was like, "WHAT?!?!"

I then go on to tell her my story about being here yesterday, and she checks the status, and says it'll be delivered Monday. Whatever.

So then I ask her, "How come my order total reads on the website $21.62 when I used my gift card?" She says my order total is 21.62. I said, but I used my gift card. She tells me again that my order is 21.62. I said but I used my gift card. She then preceeds to read, one word at a time, with a pause, the items I purchased, then the price of each, then the total, then the tax, then the overall total. I said, duh, but I used my gift card. AGAIN, she says the totals of each, the tax and the overall total, THEN FINALLY she says gift card. I said, "That's what I asked you the first time." She said no it wasnt. I said yes it was. Somewhere in there she told me that my visa was charged $1.62. Which is what I wanted to hear in the first place. So after the tenth time of her telling me my total was 21.65, I said whatever.

Then I tell her that I don't live in Belton. She tells me the street address. I say, but I dont live in Belton. Then she says the correct town. I said ok. Thanks. Bye!

Not very amusing then, but it is now.
Old 01-05-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Re: My JCPenny phone conversation...

Now, I was here ALL day yesterday, and I don't live in Belton.
This might be the deliverer's fault. Did you go the bathroom? Be home 10 hours with a 2 minute bathroom break and UPS will come in those two minutes. UPS has also been known to knock lightly once and then leave.

lady said when she answered my call so I was like, "WHAT?!?!"
Why couldn't you say "Sorry, I didn't hear that, could you repeat that?

total is 21.62. I said, but I used my gift card. She tells me again
The total WAS $21.62 ... then BECAUSE you used a giftcard, your CC was charged $1.62.

Then I tell her that I don't live in Belton. She tells me the street address. I say, but I dont live in Belton. Then she says the correct town. I said ok. Thanks. Bye!

That again is the deliverer's system. Things for me often go to Flamingo, not Las Vegas. When she read you the correct address she was probably looking at your real address and not where it was delivered to.