Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

For those of you who don't have Diablo II yet

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-02, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who don't have Diablo II yet

I just saw this at Amazon the other day- sounds like a great deal to me:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...582949-3851339

It's the Diablo II Battlechest which includes Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II:LOD, and the Primagames Strategy Guide....All for $19.99!!!!!

Also, Throne of Darkness is at Amazon for $9.99. Its a Diablo style Action game.
LINK:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...582949-3851339
Old 01-05-02, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Is Throne of darkness any good any good?
Old 01-05-02, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only played the demo (amazon sent an email saying there was a "problem" shipping the order) and enjoyed it (though I am by no means a Diablo "guru"). There were a lot of cool features that I thought were improvements over Diablo. The one I liked the most was the Daimyo. At the bottom, on the taskbar, you had a button to "summon" the Daimyo. If a member of your party was killed or close to it, you could send him back to rest or whatever, and the Daimyo could also be used to get service from the blacksmith to fix armor and weapons or to customize those you had. The healer would sell health, mana, and rejuvenation (both together) potions in 20%, 50%, or 100% increments. He could also purify, identify and one other task I can't remember off the top of my head. The control is similar to Fallout Tactics, so if you have played that it is similar in many ways, including members attitude (defensive, neutral, and agressive). I like the idea very much- Japanese supernatural in a non-anime (somewhat) fashion- its not something thats been done to death (i.e. general western-style fantasy/science fiction themes).

The biggest fault I had with the demo-and its kinda big- is that it had no save feature. To finish the demo, you had to do it all in one sitting. It took me several tries to get through it. As long as the save feature is better implemented in the actual game, I think I will enjoy it (especially since everywhere else is still selling it between twenty and forty dollars more)!
Old 01-06-02, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excellent deal...now if I just had $20 to spend.