DVD Talk
Did Buy.com go bankrupt?!?!? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Did Buy.com go bankrupt?!?!?

Cheddarmuff
01-03-02, 02:11 PM
I have been trying to get into their site for the past day...no luck....did they go belly-up?? :confused:

wildcatlh
01-03-02, 02:14 PM
It's working just fine for me....

Cheddarmuff
01-03-02, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WildcatLH
It's working just fine for me....

That's freekin crazy...for some reason I can't get the site to open?? I can open pretty much every other site I have attempted.. -confused-

Quatermass
01-03-02, 05:28 PM
It's not working for me, either. If they went broke, there would probably be some news about it and I couldn't find any. They could be under a DDoS attack or just be having some other server problems.

jimbo
01-03-02, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Quatermass
It's not working for me, either. If they went broke, there would probably be some news about it and I couldn't find any. They could be under a DDoS attack or just be having some other server problems.
I ended up at http://www.us.buy.com/ w/o problem just now.

Maybe they forgot or didn't pay their domain registration bill on time ;)

GatorDeb
01-04-02, 12:17 AM
Works for me...

Why is it that if a site is not working, the company has suddenly gone bankrupt out of the blue?! Come on!

- High traffic
- Server problems (your end or theirs)

Shay
01-04-02, 01:48 AM
Cheddarmuff, would you happening to be using comcast? I have read some people on comcast are having issues getting to sites like buy.com.

Ben732
01-04-02, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Shay
Cheddarmuff, would you happening to be using comcast? I have read some people on comcast are having issues getting to sites like buy.com.

Yeah, buy.com and about 300 other sites, including DVDTALK! :( I have to go through a proxy on port 8080 to get here from home.

Cheddarmuff
01-04-02, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by GatorDeb
Works for me...

Why is it that if a site is not working, the company has suddenly gone bankrupt out of the blue?! Come on!

- High traffic
- Server problems (your end or theirs)

Calm down now... I was trying to find out what was up... It's not like an etailer has never faded from existance over night...

Cheddarmuff
01-04-02, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Shay

No, actually I can't even get Comcast at my house...I am stuck with dial-up...:( But I couldn't get on at home or in the office through our connection... I'm still puzzled..

Quatermass
01-04-02, 09:25 AM
I still can't get to buy.com (not that I really want to). I can ping it and get a response quickly, which means the server is recognized and reachable. A tracert took a little longer and after 22 hops got to the buy.com server. That is the extent of my networking knowledge so I don't know why both Navigator and IE fail to open the website. Just out of curiosity, has anyone who IS able to access the site hit the Refresh or Reload button while on the Buy.com page? I thought it was possible they are loading a cached copy from their local hard drive rather than the actual web page.

AtlDVD
01-04-02, 03:01 PM
Buy.com works perfect for me....

call your ISP the problem is on your end..

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0