Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Need Your Advice on Lost Mail

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I recently purchased a DVD and put in the wrong zip code for my shipping address, and I believe the DVD got lost in the mail.

What are my legal rights? The retailer is being kinda prickly about it, but I don't know - THANKS!
Old 01-03-02, 02:22 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unless the wrong zip code happnes to have the exact street number and name, your mail should not be deliverable. USPS would still be able to deliver to you with the correct street number and name, and the city and state.

Should the mail be undeliverable, it will be returned to the sender. Check with your etailer and see if they got it back.

In the worst situation in which your mail is undeliverable and non-returnable to sender, you should soon find it on ebay

Last edited by eau; 01-03-02 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-04-02, 01:35 AM

If you made the error, I would imagine your "legal" rights are null and void. The only information the e-tailer has to rely on is what you provide. If it's not their fault, why should they or anybody else pay for your mistake?
Old 01-04-02, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How was the dvd shipped? by a trackable shipper like UPS or FedEx? Or USPS Priority mail (with tracking)?? What ETailer is it?

I had a package ship from buy.com once that had all the correct shipping info but it ended up being delivered to someone about 50 miles north of me. I tracked the number through USPS and it said "Delivered to Sucusanna, NJ" .. but I live in Woodbridge, NJ.. I called buy and they sent me a new copy.

I hope you get it worked out!
Old 01-16-02, 07:42 PM

I may be facing a similar experience with DVD Empire. They shipped Tombstone on 01/11/02 via USPS Priority and I still haven't received it. I sent them an e-mail and they replied that this shipment has no tracking # and is uninsured. So if my package was lost in the mail (yes, my shipping info is correct), am I s.o.l.?
Old 01-17-02, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, since you didn't receive it, you probably can dispute with your credit card.

Just an update, I did get my DVD - the postal service corrected the zip code in transit. Since I made the mistake on mine, I would have been screwed..but in the case of a lost shipment you have protection.