Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

I can't access DVDTalk.com from Comcast Cable

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 01-02-02, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After @Home went out of business, Comcast took it over in many areas including Northern New Jersey. Since the day the service was switched over, I've realized that dvdtalk.com is no longer accessable. Other sites like outpost.com, goodguys.com also cannot be accessed, even there was no cnn.com for a few days. In order to access dvdtalk.com, we have to run AOL, use TCP/IP connection through Comcast, and then be able to access the site from the built-in IE browser in AOL . Is it a DNS related issue? Pinging www.dvdtalk.com returns 157.238.137.205 with no delay.

Comcast is now the biggest cable company - also one of the biggest monopoly - but still a new Internet provider. I hope this does not affect rest of the Comcast users. I contacted Comcast, however, either nobody answered the phone (at least for the last 45 minutes) or the person (called account executive) told me it's "maybe" my computer's problem.

Any suggestion?
Old 01-03-02, 04:07 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try running a tracert from a dos window (just go to Start, Run, type command.com, press enter and then type tracert www.DVDTalk.com in the resulting Dos window). That should show you the point where your connection is failing. Then give that information to comcast.

This is a problem with your Internet connection and not something DVDTalk can do anything about. Sorry, and good luck with their tech support.

-David
Old 01-05-02, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

COMCAST has corrected the problems. DVDTalk.com is back.