Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

anyone have experience returning major appliances at Best Buy?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-01, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I know this isn't DVD Related, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I'm considering buying one of those roll around portable dishwashers at Best Buy (my kitchen doesn't have the space for an installed model).

Since this is a fairly large ticket item ($500) and I can't find any reviews online, I'm a little concerned that once I get it home it may not work up to my expectations. Has anyone had experience returning similar major appliance items to BB, and did they give you a problem with returning it just because you weren't happy with it (even though techically it may not be considered defective)?

Thanks for any info,

Roy
Old 12-29-01, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Roy,

I bought a G.E. portable dishwasher, from Best Buys. Dealing with Best Buys will work, ONLY if you spend the extra money and buy their extended service policy!

It took four dishwashers before they got it to work properly. Then it needed several repairs. Finally after a few months of getting to know the G.E. repair person. I went into Best Buys, and told them I wanted a dishwasher that worked.

Because I had the service policy, and I was willing to spend another $ 80.00, I was able to get a Maytag dishwasher. The reason being that Maytag is a little more expensive then the G.E.

THis time when the delivery guys brought the Maytag they damaged it, carry it up the stairs. They tried to hide the huge dent on the side. They blew a gasket when I wouldn't sign off for it. The next two Maytag dishwasher's were a joke. One won't fill up with water. The other came with a note repair completed, and the date of the repair. Again the same delivery guy, said I guess you don't want this dishwasher huh?

THis time I called their main customer service dept. in Minnesota. It took a little work, but they were really helpful. If you deside to get your dishwasher, anywhere buy the EXTENDED SERVICE POLICY. You'll be happy that you did. It seems no matter what manufacturer makes the big ticket items, there is bound to be a few lemons in the bunch!

Good Luck,
Jackie