Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Or Alive 3 - XboX

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-01, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Dead Or Alive 3 - XboX

Picked this game up today with a few extra controllers and me and my roommate and my girlfriend all tried to kick each other's arses... I hate fighting games. They are so frustrating. One person always picks the same person that has that one really fast cheap move that you can't escape and they just keep doing the same move over and over and no matter who you pick you can't defeat it because they just won't let up and basically you're just pressing buttons and your character is doing nothing but getting tossed about. I HATE THAT! Plus it started this huge fight among us and some of us got all pouty and ran off and some of us yelled and threw a fit. God - it turned us into fifteen year olds. I shouldn't have gotten it.

Outside of that - the graphics look cool. What's with the story and the little movies? Do they get more interesting on the harder levels? They're the same for easy and normal. How do we see the endings of the little movies they start to show us? By the way - this game is really quite easy to beat - there should be more people in it. Seems kinda thin to me. The graphics kick ass though.
Old 12-29-01, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dead Or Alive 3 - XboX

Originally posted by Trigger
Picked this game up today with a few extra controllers and me and my roommate and my girlfriend.....
Plus it started this huge fight among us and some of us got all pouty and ran off and some of us yelled and threw a fit.
I bet I know who it was that "got all pouty and ran off".
Old 12-29-01, 01:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

u guys ever hear of block and counter ???
btw, jan li kicks butt
Old 12-29-01, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If someone uses the same cheap move over and over, it should be very easy to counter it.
Old 12-30-01, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by V-ism
If someone uses the same cheap move over and over, it should be very easy to counter it.
No - there's nothing you can do against Christie when you do forward punch forward punch over and over cuz she just give this flurry of punches like crazy until the other person dies or whatever... When you're being hit, you can't really do anything - that's the problem.
Old 12-30-01, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't played DOA3 yet, but on DOA2 I can pretty much counter any move that I predict correctly. I know many of the fighters are unbalanced and some have a definite advantage over others, but if you know your fighter well, there's always a way to counter. If you can't do it, just block .
Old 12-31-01, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by V-ism
I haven't played DOA3 yet, but on DOA2 I can pretty much counter any move that I predict correctly. I know many of the fighters are unbalanced and some have a definite advantage over others, but if you know your fighter well, there's always a way to counter. If you can't do it, just block .
Yeah- we've been playing with it, but still - you can't even block against Christie - blocks are only good for a 2X or combo hit and she dishes out like 5 in rapid-fire succession leaving you helpless. All the person has to do with Christie is go towards towards and punch punch punch over and over and she'll kick anyone's ass anytime. I'm sure once we get better at it, we'll be able to figure out a way to stop her - for now she's banned from use by any of us.
Old 12-31-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just about every move in DOA has a reversal. There are very few exceptions and the ones I know of that are unreversable are all jumping kicks. You also cant do any reversals when being attacked from behind. A player who depends on a Punch straight on is fairly easy prey. Its not like shes abusing Jann Lees jumpkick (which IS unblockable and unreversable). Just find the charactor of your choices reversal or better yet you could probally side step it by just tapping up on the stick twice.

YMMV cause just like V-ism most of the time Ive spent with this game came with DOA2. I havent played all that much of this new version.