Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Sears.com = SUCK

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Sears.com = SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sears.com = SUCK

1) I place an order on Monday for a TV for my sister, went to check status today, they CANCELLED it! No emails.

2) I call to see what was up, and re-place the order, they did the phone transfer hell on me. Then when I found someone that I thought would help me, she said she couldn't approve the order because my phone didn't match the phone listed on my credit card. wtf? is this my problem?

3) at that point i said, to hell with sears.com. it's abtelectronics for me from now on. we'll see how they do with my order, i've never order from them either.

but i will never order from sears.com again
Old 12-28-01, 10:14 PM

I've been dealing with Sears in one way or another for 30 years. They are, by far, the most useless/clueless retailer on the face of the earth.

Sears (as a whole) = suck
Old 12-29-01, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's that awful smell???

Oh...

It sears.com
Old 12-29-01, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Speaking of Sears,I went, there on Friday the 28th,looking to buy a dvd recorder.I asked the salesman if he could lower the price by a 100 dollars,I would buy it.He told me that the price couldn't be lowered because it was set by the manufacturer.??????So I went home,called J&R,got the same recorder for 100 dollars less than the Sears price,plus 5 blank discs and saved about 130 dollars overall because of no sales tax on online purchases.
Old 12-30-01, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Brak55
I've been dealing with Sears in one way or another for 30 years. They are, by far, the most useless/clueless retailer on the face of the earth.

Sears (as a whole) = suck
I think that's because Sears Roebucks glory days came and went around a half century ago. A friend who worked for Sears in a management position (he became disgusted and split) told me it's *the* most bureaucratic, inefficient upper management anywhere. Not only do they have the usual management issues, the history of it stretches back so freaking far that it's unimaginable.
Old 12-31-01, 12:15 PM

When I was young and stupid and had a Sears credit card, I went to pay off my bill at the store. When I went to the cashier, she couldn't find my account in the system, so I wasn't able to pay. Eventually, she gave up and told me my statement "must be a mistake". I tried a couple more times that week with the same result.

Then of course, I got a bill in the mail with their 10000% interest or whatever. I went to raise hell, and yet again, they mysteriously couldn't "find" my account again. I told customer service I wasn't paying a penny of their interest and cut up my card. Strangely enough I've never heard from them again (this was in 1996), I figure they've lost me completely (figuritively and literally).

BTW, JesseCuster - I'm assuming your nick is in reference to Preacher. I just started reading that this weekend - it is amazing!

Michelle
Old 01-01-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I see we have comic fans amongst us...
Old 01-04-02, 03:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I had a great experience with sears.com once. It was 10/00, back when the Compaq Ipaq was nearly impossible to get your hands on. I was able to order two of them for work from sears.com.
Old 01-05-02, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ModoReese

BTW, JesseCuster - I'm assuming your nick is in reference to Preacher. I just started reading that this weekend - it is amazing!
Yep, and yes, it's great stuff. Garth Ennis is the man!

BTW, I think you're the first person who's recognized my handle. I was starting to think I should have picked a less obscure one
Old 01-07-02, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by JesseCuster

BTW, I think you're the first person who's recognized my handle. I was starting to think I should have picked a less obscure one
Considering I've only just started reading comics AND I'm a gurl <g>, that's a pretty amazing coincidence!

:-)

Michelle <--her handle is even more obscure
Old 01-11-02, 07:13 PM

Sears = the next Montgomery Ward
Old 01-11-02, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by anna886
Sears = the next Montgomery Ward
Don't get me started on them. They were just plain horrible. While delivering my tv smashed it on the ground in front of me then charged me differed interest of 500 dollars for six months. Sears actually hasn't been too bad to me except for the interest rate. I never use the Sears card and have pity on anyone who does. JcPenney has high interest too but the funny thing about their card is they have such a high minimum payment it keeps you from ever charging too much. I once stood in line behind a guy at Sears service desk whom I felt horrible for. He bought a jogging outfit which had just completely fallen apart when he washed it. They kept refusing to take it back since he washed it. He kept saying what if he wouldn't have admitted to washing it and the manager was really rude to him and tried to blame him for washing it the wrong way. He walked out red faced and really angry with his ripped up jogging outfit in hand.
Old 01-15-02, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to work for sears (selling computers). JesseCuster is right. Management is really messed up there. They offered to put me into managment, I declined.

DVD4life- you could have asked for a manager --> the employees are trained to say no to just about any request, but if you ask a manager, they will do just about anything you ask for.
Old 11-13-03, 08:27 AM

Same thing just happened to me...placed an order for car audio stuff, got a confirmation thatthe item would be available in 3 weeks. Ok, I agreed and requested local instore p/u. Also my credit card got charged the full amount of the order at the time I placed it. 3 weeks go by and no status so I call Sears.com and they tell me to call the local store, they are not responsible for instore p/u orders. I call the store and no one there knows anything and to call back in a few days. Yesterday, I get an email stating that the store won't process the order because the item is now discontinued. WTF? To make a long story short, Sears.com stinks.
Old 11-13-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Holy resurrection, Batman!
Old 11-13-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This thread was started quite a while ago. Is Sears even still in business anymore?
Old 11-13-03, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't this thread started when Roebuck was still in the name?
Old 11-14-03, 12:16 PM
Banned

I returned a dvd player to them that was purchesed with a credit card. Did I get my credit back right away? Nope. I had to wait 24 hours.