Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Surround sound in games is freaking me out!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-27-01, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

Okay, the sound in Halo is making my blood pressure rise!

Last night I am playing Max Payne & getting goose-bumps constantly. Then my wife goes to bed & tells me to turn it down. Screw that! I had a good set of Sony digital headphones & proceed to play with them as the receiver downmixed the 5.1 into my head. This has completely freaked me out now.

Spoiler:
When you are running through the hotel & you come across those drugged out dudes...jeez, I was feeling creepy. Then you hear sounds all around you...coughing, dogs barking, druggies freaking out, etc. I swear I removed my headphones more than once b/c I thought some of the noises were far too realistic to be on the game! Then the big one...I get into the maze as my baby is crying for me & my wife is screaming. I truly was scared.

Have other games been like that for other systems? Have you done this before or felt like this? I know I am always a little late to the plate on video games so I was just curious.

I bought Silent Hill 2 yesterday & from what I hear about it, I guess I will have to change my underwear playing it.
Old 12-27-01, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
The worst for me was Half-Life when I set up surround for my PC.