Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

When I purchase a pair of speakers from uBid, do I pay double the listed shipping?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

When I purchase a pair of speakers from uBid, do I pay double the listed shipping?

Old 12-24-01, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The info for the speakers I am interested in says I MUST purchase two, so does that mean I double the shipping charges?
Old 12-24-01, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UBid ships by weight...so.......you will probably just about double it anyway
Old 12-24-01, 04:21 PM

It depends how big the item is. Usually the speakers, let's say wharfedale anniversary models, will be packaged together. Ubid charges you an initial shipping, like 4.99 or whatever, and then the rest of the shipping depends on the weight of the package. It's not 4.99 + .99/lb for each speaker but 4.99 initial + .99/lb for both speakers. Unless they have changed it since I last bought from them?

Regards,
RaS
Old 12-25-01, 02:41 PM

Thanks RaS....I was HOPING that was how it worked.
Old 12-25-01, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the auction is for ONE speaker then you will pay shipping for EACH speaker not combined (unless the auction specifically states otherwise! They usually state it's an auction for one speaker but you are bidding on two speakers at a time! This is the BIG ripoff of uBid and the auctions you bid on must be read very carefully or you could get hit with some outrageous shipping/handling charges!
Old 12-25-01, 09:08 PM

Frank S is right about Ubid being a ripoff. They charge outrageous shipping. Usually, you get something for very cheap, but then once the shipping kicks around, it's usually close to what you can get it for everywhere else.

And then people who get stuff from Ubid sometimes get the wrong item shipped to them or it takes an extremely long time for the item to get shipped. This doesn't happen to everyone but it happens to enough people to make you think twice.

I wouldn't buy from Ubid again unless it's really really cheap.

Regards,
RaS