Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

cheapest dvd player w/ component video out

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

cheapest dvd player w/ component video out

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-01, 07:20 PM
steak

cheapest dvd player w/ component video out?

So far the cheapest I can find is the Samsung M101 for $123. Is that the cheapest you think I would be able to get one for?

Thanks.

I did see a Mintek at BestBuy's web site for $80. I am looking for a spare player to put in my bedroom and am getting a new Sony Wega 27" TV that will have component inputs.

Thanks again.

Last edited by steak; 12-22-01 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-23-01, 04:57 AM
etp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not seen anything for less than $99 with componant outputs. Check SAMS.
Old 12-25-01, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: cheapest dvd player w/ component video out?

Originally posted by steak
So far the cheapest I can find is the Samsung M101 for $123. Is that the cheapest you think I would be able to get one for?

Thanks.

I did see a Mintek at BestBuy's web site for $80. I am looking for a spare player to put in my bedroom and am getting a new Sony Wega 27" TV that will have component inputs.
Do your Wega a favor and spend a few bucks more on a higher quality player. Best Buy had the Pioneer DV-341 with component outputs for $130 last week. Amazon has the 343 for $140(toss on a coupon to get it for even less). There are other quality players out there with component outputs for $150 or less.

The Wega does a real nice job on DVDs with the squeeze and it's worth it to use a higher quality player.
Old 12-26-01, 09:24 AM

Be VERY careful with "cheapest" for any reason

When you narrow down to a couple of manufacturers, I'd suggest you go to forum

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

and search for specific models. There are many threads on the nuanaces and corner cutting manufacturers take with DVD players. Firmware updates to fix problems are basically non-existent as a whole also.

Because of my researching, I'm putting of a "cheap" ($300-$400) player until next year's models start showing up in the spring (probably fall so the mass produced bugs are worked out).

Best advice is to be patient at the lower $$$ end and wait till next year's models.