Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Toshiba 4700 CHROMA BUG

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Toshiba 4700 CHROMA BUG

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-01, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toshiba 4700 CHROMA BUG

Hey guys....

When i first tested my Toshiba 4700 (before i gave it to someone to give to me for Christmas) i had tested it on 2 different TV's to see if i could notice the "chroma bug".

Here are the two TV's I tried:

1) 55 inch Toshiba TheaterView - via COLOR STREAM video connection.

2) 27 inch TV - via S-Video connection.

Now, i have heard about what to look for with the chroma buig and have even screen shots from certain movies showing what i would see if my player suffered from the chroma bug (title screen in toy story 2, and one other scene in this movie). Now, i didnt see any signs of any "chroma bug" on either of these TV's. Now, as far as i am concerened, i am not worried any more. But does anyone know for a fact if the chroma bug exists in all 4700 players? Or would i only notice it on HDTV's? Thanks... But like i said, as far i am concerned, i noticed nothing - so i am happy....

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-19-01, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
For what it is worth I have been told that my player (Sony 700p) has the chroma bug.

I haven't looked for it and haven't seen it.

My point is that it maybe there and still be very hard to notice! I don't know about that player. Perhaps there is some info in this link that may be of use to you.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...ug-4-2001.html
Old 12-19-01, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks

Hello...

Thanks for the response -- yea, that is the link i used to test my player against. Like i said, i noticed nothing!! I guess i'm good.. thanks again...

Matt
Old 12-19-01, 06:13 PM

Hi KillerQ,

I've got the Tosh 3750 (which I believe uses the same chipset as the 4700).

My player has been listed as one of the many, "infected" with the chroma bug. Well, I've looked (and looked, and looked) and have yet to see it. Even on Toy Story, I notice nothing (and I'd like to think I'm fairly observant).

Anyway, as you've sort of pointed out: if your player looks good to you, why worry about what the "experts" claim to have noticed? Just sit back and enjoy the show
Old 12-19-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
i'm considering the 3750 and have read quite a few posts about the chroma bug. however, in every post i've read about it, these people were looking for it and only mentioned it being seen on Toy Story (2?). i don't own either of the toy story movies and i'm just wondering if this is going to affect me at all if i buy a 3750. can anyone else tell me if they've seen evidence of the chroma bug on any other movies, while just watching and not looking for it?