Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

James Bond Collections..........HELP

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: What should I do????
Wait for the online dealer for $95.95
18.75%
Cancel online order, buy from video store for $129+tax
25.00%
Don't fret, the sets will come back into print
56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-01, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been slowly purchasing the James Bond Collections and own the first and third one. When I rescently heard that they were out of print, I rushed to get the second one, and only found one place to order it from. Well, its been 2 weeks and their site says if it doesn't ship within 24 hours, they don't have it in stock, so I guess its awaiting stock.

I ordered it for $95.95, but I doubt they will ever restock it, so I called my local video store, and they have one set #2 for $129+tax.

So, should I get it from the video store or just wait out the online order?????????????
Old 12-19-01, 01:15 AM

I've got it at my local Hollywood Video for $112 with no tax cuz Oregon RULES!!! Let me know if you want to like do some wheeling and dealing and I could pick it up for ya...
Old 12-24-01, 04:24 AM
Suspended

Bond sets, trading offer.

I personally got a hankering (funny word) to purchase them myself. First I looked in my own distributors catalog, they arent even listing ANY of the bond movies. Then I looked on half.com and there were some maniacs trying to get $200 for them. Then I went to ebay and this is where it got REALLY interesting.

Apparently there is a 20 dvd Box set with all the moves with option subtitles and language tracks that is derrived from hong kong. Now my first thought is these were VCDS but it says real DVDs. My second thought is they are bootlegs but I don't know if they are or not. My third thought was they are prolly bad transfers or something. The whole box set can be had for $75 it looks like plus shipping if your lucky. Does anyone have any experience with this set I'm really interested in finding out the quality. I ended up bidding on a dutch auction for the 3rd set off someone with 6 feedbacks that says they have 20 copies of it. I don't know if i got it actually I haven't heard from them yet.

I'd be interested in getting the sets perhaps someone would want to go buy them and get some equal credit for dvds at my store? Like if you bought the box set for me for $130 you could pick out $130 worth of dvds at bigcd? Email me at [email protected] if your a trustworthy sort of persona and interested in helping satisfy my desire to see james bond impersonate pitfall harry (live and let die) .

Mike BigCD