Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Old Best Buy Credit Cards not accepted on their website

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-01, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this when trying my first purchase from Best Buy website. Called and found out they are changing banks, and while they will still accept it in their stores they won't take it online. I understand that that they are changing banks, but this is a real pain. I don't want to open another account, because I have a couple of promotional purchases (a 1 yr SAC, that has a few months left, and an 18 mos SAC that has over a year left) still on the original account. They are not transferring the accounts/balances, and I don't want 2 accounts on my record just so I can purchase online from them (I've got too much credit already). Sorry for the rant, but what a pain in the a$$. They get you hooked on using their card because of the 90 days SAC and other promotions, and pull some stupidity like this...

"Thank you for being a Best Buy Card cardholder. We have important information about your account.

As of October 25, 2001, Best Buy Cards with account numbers beginning with 5348 or 6019 will no longer be accepted as a form of payment on BestBuy.com. This change is due to a system-wide modification, and we apologize for any frustration or confusion this may cause.

You can continue using a Best Buy Card for online purchases by applying for a new card — a fast and simple process. Upon approval you can use it right away to enjoy your special cardholder benefits — including our flexible financing plans. We also accept other forms of credit such as Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover Cards.

We value your business online and want to provide you with the very best service when you visit our site.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience."