Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MyDVDReview.net?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

MyDVDReview.net?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-01, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyDVDReview.net?

Hello all,

I am a beginner DVD collector and I have had some trouble buying online from Amazon and I seen some advertisements for MyDVDReview.net and it looks like a newer site. You can read and write reviews as well as buy DVDs from them. I was curious if anyone has purchased anything from them and if you would recommend them.

Thanks
Old 12-12-01, 08:25 AM
Banned

shameless self plug?

I have never had any trouble with Amazon and they will be sager and more reliable then a new untested site.

Amazon also lets you post your own reviews for movies/dvds
Old 12-12-01, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by wlcohen
shameless self plug?

I have never had any trouble with Amazon and they will be sager and more reliable then a new untested site.

Amazon also lets you post your own reviews for movies/dvds
It could be, but if you go to register.com and plug in mydvdreview.net, the domain name is registered in Australia. The odd thing is that they seem to be marketing Region 1 products. I guess it is possible their host is in another part of the globe, but it doesn't seem likely.

Their prices seem to be average. As far as customer service, there doesn't seem to be a number to talk to a human, which always worries me.

Please feel free to fill out the customer service inquiry form to send us any questions to our Customer Assistance Center. We will make every effort to respond to your inquiry within 24 - 48 hours.

On the good side, they utilize vstore to process orders, which protects you against unauthorized charges. This is probably a good thing, but you know what a hassle it can be to dispute things.

I'm all for pulling for the new guy, but in this day and age, it is easy to get screwed. So if you want to give it a shot, I'd only buy one or two items and see how it goes. Good luck!

Last edited by boc4ever; 12-12-01 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-12-01, 12:25 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to Store forum.

As an aside, people who spam us usually leave an actual link, but we'll look into it and take appropriate action if necessary.

Moving thread.
Old 12-12-01, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What kind of problems have you had with Amazon? I have shopped in maybe 6 or 7 different online places and Amazon has given me pretty good service.

It's not like they're Troma.
Old 12-17-01, 11:57 PM
Banned

haha, it's a VSTORE, any dope can set up one of these in a second at their site,

I was one of the originals to get into this and made a ton of cash by posting coupons on this site and new groups before every one else caught one, only a fool would buy from some one elses vstore, if you like the prices, set up your own and order from there