Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone received shipping confirmation for Almost Famous - Bootleg from DDDVD?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anyone received shipping confirmation for Almost Famous - Bootleg from DDDVD?

Old 12-02-01, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not received my typical confirmation from Deep Discount DVD for this one yet, and my card has yet to be charged . I may have to do the old "buy at a retail store and return when it comes in the mail" thing...
Old 12-03-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, although I attributed that to the fact I just placed my order last week. I noticed at DDD that if you don't pre-order too far in advance, they might not have stock to fill your order right away.

It's $26.99 at Best Buy tomorrow. If I don't get my shipping notice today, I might just cancel the order and buy locally instead.
Old 12-03-01, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Spoke to them on Friday. They said their shipment was delayed and that they planned on shipping AF on Tues 12/4.
Old 12-03-01, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my order for ALMOST FAMOUS BOOTLEG since Nov. 18 (over 2 weeks ago) and they haven't shipped yet.

I called DDD this morning (Monday) and told them to cancel my order. Placing an order 2 weeks ahead should be sufficient time to get the item to you around street date.

If their price would have been substantially lower than other vendors, I would have kept the order and not worried if it came 1-2 weeks late.
Old 12-04-01, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Decker
Spoke to them on Friday. They said their shipment was delayed and that they planned on shipping AF on Tues 12/4.
Time to go to Virgin Megastore (gotta love 30% off lowest price!) and cancel DDD!
Old 12-04-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I just got AF:B for $18.90 at Virgin after the 30% off! I swear, they're going to take all my money this holiday!