Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Any early reviews for String Cheese Incident: Evolution DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait for this title's release on 12/11. Has anyone seen it yet? I'd like opinions on the picture and sound, the extras, and the quality of the movie itself. Thanks.
Old 11-30-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing yet

Other than the description on Amazon...

Forget any pejorative definition of "jam band" you've ever heard and do yourself a favor: buy this DVD right now, make space for it on your shelf (preferably next to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense), and play it as often as possible. You needn't be a Deadhead or a Phish-phile to appreciate the String Cheese Incident's multi-ethnic blend of eclectic styles and feel-good vibes, originating from Colorado, rooted in bluegrass, and transmitting to the world via this warmly hypnotic concert, captured on December 31, 2000, in Portland, Oregon.

Informative interviews with band members and show producers are smoothly blended with SCI's onstage modus operandi, which invites audience immersion in a communal experience of music, dance, and light. Guest appearances by Steel Pulse and Keller Williams are delightful, the bonus tracks are sweet, and the 5.1-channel sound is perfect. It's virtually impossible to be in a bad mood while watching this DVD--what more could you ask? --Jeff Shannon

I'm a big Cheese head myself, I'll post back if I find anything else....