Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Faith No More DVD?

Old 11-26-01, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faith No More DVD?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard if Faith No More's Who Cares A Lot? The Greatest Videos would be coming to DVD. Thanks for any info.
Old 01-09-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
I'm still waiting for it to come out on DVD... I check everytime that I go to any MUSIC store, hopeing one day to find while browsing... anyway a new BEST OF cd comes out 1/28/03...

This Is It: The Best Of Faith No More
Release Date: 1/28/2003
Genre: Pop & Rock
Label: Rhino Records
# Discs/Tapes: 1

TRACK LISTING
1. Arabian Disco
2. We Care A Lot - (Slash version)
3. Anne's Song
4.Introduce Yourself
5. From Out Of Nowhere
6. Epic
7. Falling To Pieces
8. War Pigs
9. Cowboy Song, The
10. As The Worm Turns - (live, 1990)
11. MidLife Crisis
12. Small Victory, A
13. Be Aggressive
14. Easy
15. Digging The Grave
16. Evidence
17. Last Cup Of Sorrow
18. Ashes To Ashes
19. Perfect Crime, The
Old 01-10-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[this is from BILLBOARD.COM]

Rhino Records has set a Jan. 28 release date for "This Is It: The Best of Faith No More," a single-disc collection featuring 19 career-spanning cuts from the influential metal/funk/fusion band, which broke up in 1998. The compilation will feature many of Faith No More's best-known songs, including their breakthrough hit "Epic," "We Care a Lot," "Falling to Pieces," "Midlife Crisis," and "A Small Victory."

Also included on the set are early tracks "Arabian Disco" and "Introduce Yourself," both recorded before vocalist Mike Patton joined the band in 1988, as well as rarities such as "Anne's Song," "The Cowboy Song," a live version of "As the Worm Turns," and "The Perfect Crime," which appeared on the soundtrack to "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey."

Patton told Billboard.com in August that there may be additional unreleased tracks in the vaults, but that he's in no rush to make them available. "If it is up to me, no," he said. "But it ain't up to me, so maybe. If I believed in them I would have put them out long ago. There are reasons that bands and musicians make demos and outtakes -- because they are not good enough to make the record. A lot of people forget that."

Faith No More released six albums in its 16-year career. Its biggest successes were 1989's "The Real Thing" (Slash/Reprise), which peaked at No. 11 on The Billboard 200 and 1992's "Angel Dust," which debuted at No. 10 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 640,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Old 01-10-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 905 Likes on 551 Posts
Good - this should take care of all of the unanswered questions left by the "Who Cares A Lot?" 2CD compilation from a few years back...
Old 01-10-03, 08:32 AM

Refresh my memory...why is Anne's Song a rarity?
Old 01-10-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone understand the release of this new Faith No More cd? it seems almost exactly like the 'who cares a lot: greatest hits' cd that was released a few years back.

does anyone know how many videos FNM has had? I'm guessing somewhere around 5 or 6, unless there's several that i'm unaware of.
Old 01-10-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by Zodo
Does anyone understand the release of this new Faith No More cd? it seems almost exactly like the 'who cares a lot: greatest hits' cd that was released a few years back.
Because cheap bastards like me didn't want to pay for a 2-disc set. This new one is good news to me.

Last edited by GuessWho; 01-10-03 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-10-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 905 Likes on 551 Posts
Originally posted by Wallet Boy
Refresh my memory...why is Anne's Song a rarity?
Probably because it's pre-Patton.
Old 01-10-03, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you were a big fan of FNM, you already own all of their releases and probably have a few import singles as well. Greatest Hits CDs are usually pretty lame... Although the Who Cares a Lot? had an interesting track or two that I didn't previously have in the collection...

No news that I'm aware of on the DVD front... Actually, this is the first time that I've even seen the question... Hadn't thought about it.

Side note and or/personal observation- As Patton himself would tell you, bah... Let it (FNM) go already. His work with Tomahawk, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas and the upcoming Peeping Tom project is far more interesting anyway... Which is not to say that FNM were not most excellent, they were.
Old 01-10-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was FNM's last studio album any good? I'm a big fan of them but that's the only album I never got around to picking up.
Old 01-12-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Zodo

does anyone know how many videos FNM has had? I'm guessing somewhere around 5 or 6, unless there's several that i'm unaware of.
They released a video compilation along with the "Who Cares A Lot" Double CD. I highly recommend it and here are the cuts:

Midlife Crisis
Epic
Falling to Pieces
Anne's Song
We Care A Lot
Surprise Your Dead!
From Out Of Nowhere
A Small Victory
Everything's Ruined
Caffeine
Easy
Digging The Grave
Evidence
Last Cup of Sorrow
Ashes to Ashes
Stripsearch
I Started A Joke

As you can see they have quite a bit more than six videos. This is something worth seeking out, even if it is only vhs. I am a huge fan and appreciate every phase of their "much too short" career. I think my favorite clips are Stripsearch, Everything's Ruined and A Small Victory...
Old 01-12-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by darqleo
Was FNM's last studio album any good? I'm a big fan of them but that's the only album I never got around to picking up.
I thought Album of the Year was great. It is hard to predict whether it will appeal to you. It will depend on how you felt about King For a Day. AOTY is just as diverse as KFAD, and has shades of Mr. Bungle type experimentation. Personally, I think KFAD was the best album they ever released, but Angel Dust is probably my second favorite. I think a lot of fans shunned KFAD because it wasn't as heavy as Angel Dust, but the album showed the band wasn't going to be typecast. Every album they released was different than the last, but still retained the FNM sound. If you do decide to buy AOTY, look for the two disc version that has a 2nd disc of remixes...
Old 01-12-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by boc4ever
They released a video compilation along with the "Who Cares A Lot" Double CD. I highly recommend it and here are the cuts:

Midlife Crisis
Epic
Falling to Pieces
Anne's Song
We Care A Lot
Surprise Your Dead!
From Out Of Nowhere
A Small Victory
Everything's Ruined
Caffeine
Easy
Digging The Grave
Evidence
Last Cup of Sorrow
Ashes to Ashes
Stripsearch
I Started A Joke

As you can see they have quite a bit more than six videos. This is something worth seeking out, even if it is only vhs. I am a huge fan and appreciate every phase of their "much too short" career. I think my favorite clips are Stripsearch, Everything's Ruined and A Small Victory...
F'N SWEET! they released a video for "EVERTHING's RUINED" [my favorite song of FNM] BTW is it a true video or live performance? [I'm hopeing for a true vid]... anyway I see that's it's MISSING 1 video [RICOCHET] rarely shown but I've seen it on MTV around twice [a long time ago], when MTV was okay...
Old 01-12-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by gerrythedon
F'N SWEET! they released a video for "EVERTHING's RUINED" [my favorite song of FNM] BTW is it a true video or live performance? [I'm hopeing for a true vid]... anyway I see that's it's MISSING 1 video [RICOCHET] rarely shown but I've seen it on MTV around twice [a long time ago], when MTV was okay...
Not to rub it in, but the video for Everything's Ruined is hysterical. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it is a true video, and a very bizarre one at that. Essentially, the band plays while various images play in the background. The images really have nothing to do with the song directly and the band members interact with them. I couldn't tell you how happy I was to finally see it. The video was included originally on the Video Croissant UK PAL release but not on the American one for some reason. So it didn't see the light of day in the States until this video compilation came out.

I never got to see the video for Ricochet, so you have one up on me. I'm not sure why it wasn't included on the video comp since everything else seemed to be. I don't know how much of a fan you are about their later stuff, but the videos for Stripsearch, Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes were really well done and must have cost a fortune. I loved the direction the band took with KFOD and AOTY.

I got to see them live on the Real Thing, Angel Dust, King for a Day and Album of the year tours, so I saw the band evolve. At the last show I saw for the AOTY tour I was fortunate enough to get backstage and meet the band. I chatted with Bill Gould for a good fifteen minutes or so, and he had to be one of the coolest musicians I've ever met. I raved about KFOD for most of the conversation, and I think he was pleased and surprised. I think a lot of "old school" fans expected them to churn out Angel Dust 2. I get such a kick out of that album because it doesn't come across to me as a sell out, but rather a homage to a variety of styles of music. I think "Take this Bottle" is just as much of a Faith No More song as "Malpractice".
Old 01-13-03, 03:31 AM

Personally, I think KFAD was the best album they ever released, but Angel Dust is probably my second favorite. I think a lot of fans shunned KFAD because it wasn't as heavy as Angel Dust...
I haven't got to hear KFAD yet, but judging from your description alone, it sounds excellent. The same complaint (regarding the lack of heaviness) is commonly espoused regarding Mr. Bungle's "California," and I love that album.

Hopefully, I'll have similar feelings for KFAD. I'll have to pick it up sometime.

Last edited by Lord Crumb; 01-13-03 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-13-03, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not to rub it in, but the video for Everything's Ruined is hysterical. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it is a true video, and a very bizarre one at that. Essentially, the band plays while various images play in the background. The images really have nothing to do with the song directly and the band members interact with them. I couldn't tell you how happy I was to finally see it. The video was included originally on the Video Croissant UK PAL release but not on the American one for some reason. So it didn't see the light of day in the States until this video compilation came out.

I never got to see the video for Ricochet, so you have one up on me. I'm not sure why it wasn't included on the video comp since everything else seemed to be. I don't know how much of a fan you are about their later stuff, but the videos for Stripsearch, Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes were really well done and must have cost a fortune. I loved the direction the band took with KFOD and AOTY.

I got to see them live on the Real Thing, Angel Dust, King for a Day and Album of the year tours, so I saw the band evolve. At the last show I saw for the AOTY tour I was fortunate enough to get backstage and meet the band. I chatted with Bill Gould for a good fifteen minutes or so, and he had to be one of the coolest musicians I've ever met. I raved about KFOD for most of the conversation, and I think he was pleased and surprised. I think a lot of "old school" fans expected them to churn out Angel Dust 2. I get such a kick out of that album because it doesn't come across to me as a sell out, but rather a homage to a variety of styles of music. I think "Take this Bottle" is just as much of a Faith No More song as "Malpractice".
Damn I gotta see the video for E.R.!... I got the Brixton vid and Croissant vid...

Man I'm a BIG FAN of FNM "MUSIC"... I Luv ANGEL DUST and thought that KFAD (my favs, Ricochet & King for a Day) was an AWESOME album [I wasn't expecting ANGEL DUST II, by the way]... my favs on AOTY are Stripsearch and Path of Glory, again another great album, as well as REAL THING.

I got to see FNM on the KFAD tour at the Hollywood Palladium... it was a F'N KICK ASS show.. so at least I got to see them once...

I believe that FAITH NO MORE is one of the BEST UNDERAPRECIATED MUSICIANS that ever made MUSIC!
Old 01-13-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got to see FNM on the KFAD tour at the Hollywood Palladium... it was a F'N KICK ASS show.. so at least I got to see them once...

I believe that FAITH NO MORE is one of the BEST UNDERAPRECIATED MUSICIANS that ever made MUSIC!
No arguments here about that!

Both the Angel Dust and KFAD tours were at the Tower Theater in Philly. That is my favorite place to see a show in Philly, so needless to say it was amazing. The AOTY tour was at the Electric Factory, which I absolutely despise. To top it off, they were plagued with sound problems which forced the show to stop on several occasions. FNM is definitely more enjoyable as Patton gets "more into it". The sound problems seemed to kill the momentum, which sucked since it was the last time I saw them. I would have rather had the memory of the KFAD tour as my final experience.
Old 01-13-03, 09:26 AM

Now wait a minute...for those who put the tracklisting down, isn't Ricochet on there but just not on the tracklisting? There is definitely two videos on the tape that do not appear on the back cover. One is the band doing a live cover of Burt Bacharach's "This Guy's In Love With You" and I could swear that the other was Ricochet.
Old 01-13-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Wallet Boy
Now wait a minute...for those who put the tracklisting down, isn't Ricochet on there but just not on the tracklisting? There is definitely two videos on the tape that do not appear on the back cover. One is the band doing a live cover of Burt Bacharach's "This Guy's In Love With You" and I could swear that the other was Ricochet.
Stripsearch isn't listed on the box but is on the tape. And you're right, a live version of This Guy's In Love With You appears at the end, and isn't on the box either.