Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDvd Bonus?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDvd Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-01, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeepDiscountDvd Bonus?

Just placed an order and upon getting an order confirmation, a box popped up saying I was entitled to some kind of bonus. But when I clicked on the bonus I got a "transfer interrupted" message. Anyone know what the bonus is? Thanks.
Old 11-22-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its a magazine subscription thing. Not really free but I think it says you get 6 free issues of some magazine with a subscription to it and list alot of other mags you can get.
Old 11-23-01, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just placed an order at DDD and this is it:

As a preferred customer, your order entitles you to receive
a bestselling hardcover book for a buck!

Choose your selection from the list of bestsellers below and pay just one dollar (+ s&h) with membership to the Doubleday Book Club®. Membership in the exclusive Doubleday Book Club means you’re guaranteed to get romance, mystery, adventure, and advice books at great club prices! Give the readers on your Christmas list great books without spending a fortune!

Select your book from the list below and pay just $1.00 (+ s&h) to your Visa card ending in ****. Upon membership approval, we'll send your book along with your catalog of savings on thousands of titles. It’s that simple!

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (#4) | J. K. Rowling Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) | J. K. Rowling Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets (#2) | J. K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (#1) | J. K. Rowling Heaven and Earth | Nora Roberts The Kiss | Danielle Steel The Fiery Cross | Diana Gabaldon Violets Are Blue | James Patterson Isle of Dogs | Patricia Cornwell Envy | Sandra Brown Skipping Christmas | John Grisham He Sees You While You're Sleeping | Mary Higgins Clark The Corrections | Jonathan Franzen Back to the Table | Art Smith Desecration | T. LaHaye & J. B. Jenkins Black House | Stephen King & Peter Straub The Forgotten | Faye Kellerman From the Corner of His Eye | Dean Koontz

Yes! Enroll me in the Doubleday Book Club and send the book I have selected. I have read and agree to the risk-free membership plan described in the terms and conditions.
No thanks, not at this time.

This offer is brought to you by Doubleday Book Club. By accepting the introductory book, you are authorizing Doubleday Book Club to receive your shipping and billing information to process your membership as described above. See membership materials and terms and conditions for complete details.

Terms & Conditions
Old 11-27-01, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

this advertisement!

It's a book club, along the same lines as Columbia House where you get a few cheap books up front, then pay too much for the later ones.
Old 11-27-01, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Movie_Man

this advertisement!
In other words we're gonna send you this spam and try to make you think that you're actually getting something of value.
Old 11-29-01, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

maybe the bonus is you will actually get something from DDD delivered within 2 weeks
Old 11-29-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Be very careful with the parasitic pop up window for this offer. I accidently hit the submit button in a rush to close the window. I realized after hitting the button of my mistake but the window was already gone. You receive no order confirmation number, contact information, or e-mail from this company that you ordered. A few days later I received a $4.99 charge on my credit card for this offer I never wanted. I am now trying to cancel this and have called Deepdiscount to find out how to do it. I am not very happy with Deepdiscount allowing another company to use their site like this. I went to their site to order a DVD, not have another company jump in to take my personal information. Unfortunately it is very easy to make a mistake when the offer appears with one wrong click of your mouse.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-29-01 at 02:29 PM.