Perfect Dark fans: bad news?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-01, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perfect Dark fans: bad news?

don't mean to give you a heart attack, but I came across this article today

http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2607.html

I don't know about you, but I think it would suck big time.

Plus I know that rare puts a lot of time and thought into their games to make them perfect, but why does it take so long for them to release a game. Couldn't they hire more people to work ont ehm and beef up production? It just pisses me off that I have to wait so long for each game. Anyone feel the same?
Old 11-21-01, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to me, Rare is like Blizzard in that it takes a special kind of person to produce their games and can be forgiven for whatever time it takes to make it right.

I'm not happy about waiting, but they're gonna get my money anyway
Old 11-21-01, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll wait. And it makes me happy that it might be a 3rd person game. I can't stand FPS, no matter how good the game. So this would actually make me buy it!
Old 11-21-01, 11:05 AM

I guess 3rd person wont be that bad. I just didn't think Get Force Gemini was one of Rare's best.

Where will I get my FPS fix on the cube? Is EA porting over the Bond game from PS2 right?
Old 11-21-01, 11:49 AM
Retired

They can take as long as they want. They take more time than the average developer, and I guess that's why their games are always great, and the games from developers that rush them out are usually mediocre at best. If you look at all the really great games MGS, Zelda, Final Fantasy etc. they are all in development for several years. The wait pays off folks, just be patient.

The third person thing sounds great too. Maybe it will end up being more like a MGS type game which would be awesome as I'm only a very casual FPS fan.
Old 11-21-01, 01:32 PM

I'm hoping there's no truth to this rumor. I wouldn't be as interested in a 3rd-person game. Of course, it's possible that Rare could be making a 3rd-person game and a first-person shooter both based on Perfect Dark. Hopefully they'll make some sort of announcement soon, though. Rare's been too quiet lately.
Old 11-21-01, 01:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hell, I'd buy a game called "Watching Paint Dry" if Rare made it. They have consistantly been one of the most professional and innovative developers in the console world. I believe their first game for the Gamecube will be Donkey Kong Racing, and I can't wait.

I'd rather have the product done right, than done fast.
Old 11-21-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The one think that I hate with waiting is that overall it hurts support for the system. Look at N64, all the delays hurt sales and support for the system itself. Conker's Bad Fur Day which is arguably a system seller came out during the dying days of the system to virtually no fanfare.

Do I want them to rush the game? Absolutely not, but with virtually no real must have games and a small selection at launch, delays for huge titles like this will hurt the system in the long run.
Old 11-21-01, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Haven't the people who developed PD already left the company to form their own?
Old 11-21-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They recently confirmed that PD0 will be online if I'm not mistaken. It doesnt sound like this game the rumor is describing can be online. third person? I dunno.
Old 11-21-01, 10:47 PM
Banned

Argh! I never liked Perfect Dark's storyline and now that it wont even be on GoldenEye's system makes me more mad. Oh well, another blow to GameCube.
Old 11-23-01, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by Cereal-Killer
The one think that I hate with waiting is that overall it hurts support for the system. Look at N64, all the delays hurt sales and support for the system itself. Conker's Bad Fur Day which is arguably a system seller came out during the dying days of the system to virtually no fanfare.

Do I want them to rush the game? Absolutely not, but with virtually no real must have games and a small selection at launch, delays for huge titles like this will hurt the system in the long run.
I totally agree.