Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-01, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on people, it has been out at least 2 weeks now, and my pre-order still hasn't arrived, so how about some reviews to tide me over?

Sorry if this posts twice, AOL crashed on me.
Old 11-20-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was gonna pick this up at a B&M store but haven't seen any copies of Masters of the Universe there yet.
Old 11-20-01, 02:20 PM

My copy finally came in (I saw it 2 weeks ago at a Suncoast, then ordered it at the Blockbuster I work at because of my employee discount, it then took forever to come in).

The picture and everything seemed to be very good. I have only watched the disc with the commentary track on, so I can't comment on how it sounded.

The commentary, which is solely the director (Gary Goddard), is definitely worth a listen. He describes problems with the production (last minute schedule shortening by Cannon, the fact that Cannon, Mattel, and the Producers all had to agree on everything he wanted for it to happen, finalizing the look of the film 3 weeks into shooting, etc...) as well as giving quite a bit of information about the production itself. Also, there is very little silence in his commentary, as he talks consistently throughout the film and and even the entire end credits.
Old 02-03-02, 04:04 AM

Review info?

What are the picture quality like, and is it wide screen format or normal 4:3? If I own the VHS tape would buying the DVD be worth it? Anyone have any extra info on this DVD.
Old 02-03-02, 09:12 AM

Tentacle,
the DVD is in widescreen and has good picture queality (defnitely better than VHS). If you like the movie enough, I would say it is worth upgrading.