Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What games and/or accessories have you already picked up for the GC or X-box?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-01, 03:55 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to have to worry about getting games and accessories at Wal-mart Sat. night, so I've already picked up:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (B-day present from my fiance today )
Madden 2002
S-video cable.

I was hoping the first party mem cards would be out, but I haven't been able to find any. By the way, the GC uses the same cables as the SNES and N64, so you can pick up an S-video cable for either of those systems and use it on the GC. Well I doubt you'll find a SNES cable, but the Gamestop here had several N64 S-video cables for $7.99.

So it looks like all I'll need Sat night, is the GC and a memory card or two. I might get THPS3 too, but haven't decided yet.
Old 11-14-01, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up Halo and DOA3. I'm torn over whether or not to pick up the RF adapter (yes, I have a very old tv my friend gave me for free). My roommate has a better tv, but there's no way in the world I'm leaving it in the living room all the time (one word: "slob"). I bought a little box -- all around rf adapter for dvd players, video systems, etc. -- a few weeks ago and that should do what I need. If my roommate ever gets off his ass and actually gets his dvd player from his folks house then he can have the box and I'll buy the $10 adapter. -- I'm hoping he will since his tv will only pick up certain channels without a remote.

Tuan Jim
Old 11-14-01, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I don't think I'll be buying a Gamecube or XBox right away, but I have this strange urge to buy one of the controllers. I don't know why though.
Old 11-14-01, 06:35 PM

i picked up super monkey ball.. planning on getting rogue leader when i get my gc this sat..
Old 11-14-01, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: What games and/or accessories have you already picked up for the GC or X-box?

Originally posted by joshhinkle

I was hoping the first party mem cards would be out, but I haven't been able to find any.
Take it for what you will but at my local gamestop they said that nintendo was shipping something like only 1 first party memory card per system allotted to each store. Not sure if that is just a gamestop company thing or if first party memory cards are going to be in short supply or if they guy who told me was just full of feces. Either way i was able to reserve one and pay it off ahead of time
Old 11-16-01, 02:47 PM
Retired

I found first party mem cards at K-mart for $14.95 and got two of them. I learned my lesson when it took me 2 months to get a VMU for the Dreamcast. Had to use a crappy third party card that liked to delete stuff.

I returned the S-video cable. You couldn't "peel" the cables apart, so there was no way I could run the video to the tv and the sound to the stereo which is how I have to do it. I ordered an s-video cable from nintendo that will work for me, but I guess I'll have to live with plain old rca cables for a few days.

BTW K-mart has the first party GC controllers for $29.99. I had to pass b/c I can't afford it, but it is a good deal. They're 34.9x everywhere else, including Wal-mart.
Old 11-16-01, 02:49 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'll I've got so far is Rogue Squadron. My Gamecube experience thus far is opening up the case and marvelling at how small the disc is.
Old 11-16-01, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got a memory card and controller from Japan. rogue leader from eb and today i went to eb, picked up my interact controller and then immedialty traded it in for 5 bucks credit. i know, not alot but I won't use it anyway so at least get something for it. the rest i will get sunday
Old 11-17-01, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: What games and/or accessories have you already picked up for the GC or X-box?

Originally posted by joshhinkle

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (B-day present from my fiance today )
Madden 2002
S-video cable.
This is what I have as well, but I was able to pick up a second Nintendo controller ($35) and a Nintendo memory card ($15) at BB.