Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does DeepDiscountDVD ever ship early?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about ordering Bad Taste from them, but I was wondering...

Do they ever break release date or anything?
If you preorder a DVD, when do you usually get it? The day of release? One week late?

Anyone know?
Old 11-10-01, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
All 3 of the preorders I have placed with DDD have arrived early. One arrived the Friday before the street date, and the other two arrived the day before they streeted.
Old 11-10-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD recently sent shipping notices for Thunderbirds sets 3 and 4, about 14 days before release date......
Old 11-10-01, 09:39 PM

Thanks guys... looks like I will be using them for my preorders from now on
Old 11-11-01, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have had mixed results using Deep Discount for preorders. Most DVDs shipped and arrived past their release dates, some didn't arrive for up to three weeks after. I did have some arrive early and some on release date. If you are counting on Deep Discount for dependable or on time delivery for preorders you are going to be disappointed.
Old 11-11-01, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my experience with many, many orders from DDD, they almost always ship before the street date. Of course, I always use the free media mail shipping, so I often still get them on (or around) the correct date.

Just about everything ships at least a week ahead of time. I had one title ship about 3.5 weeks before street from them once (I think it was one of the Space:1999 sets).
Old 11-11-01, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by bboisvert
In my experience with many, many orders from DDD, they almost always ship before the street date. Of course, I always use the free media mail shipping, so I often still get them on (or around) the correct date.
For about 90 percent of my pre-orders this has been the case as well... The other 10 percent arrive a few days to as long as a week before street date.
Old 11-12-01, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Jobronie
DDD recently sent shipping notices for Thunderbirds sets 3 and 4, about 14 days before release date......

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=156748
Old 11-13-01, 08:52 AM

When I preordered The Prisoner box set with them, I received it about 2 weeks before release, but that was my first preorder experience with them.
Old 11-13-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Applejack, since you live in Oklahoma you should receive it in a timely manner, DDD has had some trouble with shipments to California.

I have had two preorders with them, I received one about a week early, the other was a backordered preorder and arrived shortly after it went back into stock which was ~two weeks after the release date (though I knew it was a backordered item when I ordered it, I knew that it would be a little late).
Old 11-14-01, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stunt Man LE shipping early

I just got email notice that they're shipping my Stunt Man LE today, so it might arrive right around the release date next Tuesday, 11/20. I'd like to have this to watch over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 11-14-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got Thunderbirds Sets 3 and 4 on last Friday from DDD! So I guess that constitues "shipping early".
Old 11-14-01, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They shipped out my 11/20 releases today (11/14).

Hopefully I should get them by Monday with standard (free) shipping.
Old 11-15-01, 01:43 PM

Thanks guys. I ordered Bad Taste from them, but have yet to even get an order confirmation from them after 2 days.

I would really like to have this one by Thanksgiving weekend... but I don't know if they will come through or not
Old 11-19-01, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI - Online order status now available.
Old 11-19-01, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Does DeepDiscountDVD ever ship early?

Originally posted by Applejack

My question would be does DDD ever ship? I've placed 4 orders with them and all 4 have taken forever to arrive. I keep using them because of all the good things I read on here but I swear it seems like the people posting that they ship early must work for them because Everytime I preorder something it seems to go on backorder for at least a month (Memento and recently Empire of the sun). I'm still waiting for an order that I placed 3 weeks ago for an in-stock item and I placed an order for around 8 DVDs last week and they charged my card the next day but still haven't shipped as of today. While I know the post office is taking longer due to security Ive placed orders with B&N, amazon, crutchfield, and a few other places a few days after my order with DDD and have received everyhting else. Maybe they just don't like me

I'm still waiting them to actually reply to my e-mails about why they have charged my card but have not bothered to ship my DVDs a week later....

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 11-20-01 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-20-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stunt Man LE arrived on release day

I had stated in my post above that I received the ship notice last week, and it arrived today, using the free shipping, which apparently took 6 days. Not bad since I'm out in California.
My experiences with this store have been very good. $21 even beats BestBuy if they have it at $19.99 (figuring tax), not to mention avoiding the pleasure of shopping at BestBuy.
Old 11-20-01, 11:05 PM

Well, I got my shipping notice on Bad Taste last Thursday. I hope it gets here tomorrow... I was hoping to watch it this week.

I figure that is 6 days. Well, I guess I'll see.
Old 11-29-01, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes they do!!! Well, sometimes. Just got a shipping notice today 11/29 for these titles that were to be released on 12/18!!!!!:

DDABD012102D DIRK BOGARDE COLLECTION, THE 1 23.99 OK
DDABD011544D BULLET FOR THE GENERAL, A 1 13.20 OK
DDABD011955D FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE 1 13.20 OK

On a side note, I also have the Davy Crockett Disney Tin for a 12/4 release but nothing yet and they emailed me a confirmation number but it has never shown up on my Order Status thing on their web site. My order is there just no number.