Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Drugstore.com causing me to tear my hair out!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing they sell Rogaine because I'm going to need it after dealing with these people. I sign up as a new customer so I can take advantage of a pretty nice deal with the free movie ticket, they credit me with free shipping on my next order. I almost always use webcertificate when shopping online to avoid being overcharged. My order goes through no problem, get the stuff within 4 days and I'm happy with that. I figure since I have the free shipping credit I might as well take advantage of another movie ticket, now comes the problems. My order total is a whopping 5.98 paid for by the same web certificate. A week later I get emails from them stating I have credit card issues, I call them and they tell me that my Mastercard is no longer valid and to contact them. I look online and I can clearly see I have been charged the funds so I write to webcertificate who replies instantly telling me that drugstore.com has been paid and they were trying to charge me again and there were insufficient funds to cover that (good thing). I call drugstore.com back and tell them that and they get an attitude and tell me that they have never accepted webcertificate as payment for their orders and I will have to provide a valid charge card. The funny thing is that my movie ticket arrived in the mail and the other part of my order is showing as cancelled. So do you think I should just leave this alone now? 5.98 isn't exactly a great price for a movie ticket but at least I got something out of this deal besides aggravation. All I really would like is a straight answer from someone here as to what the problem is.
Old 11-13-01, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I look at my web certificate and notice they put back the 5.98. This is the email I got from drugstore.com still INSISTING that they do NOT accept webcertificate:
"As stated in the email before, I apologize for any inconvenience involved in
with this issue.We have not changed any of our polices. Your last order made was
never completed for the same reason, that is, we do not accept webcertificates.
We couldn't get approval from your credit card company. For that reason you were
shipped the promotion but none of the actually products."
Do they even read their emails? My last order was fullfilled using the webcertificate no problem.
So now I have this movie ticket and they still are not telling me if I can keep it or need to send it back to them. I'm thinking I should just use the ticket and hurry and spend the money in the account and just never shop there again. Anyone got a better suggestion?