Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Forum Changes: Merge Movie Talk/In The Theaters & Close Studio Talk

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-01, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know people often turn to the feedback forum when they're looking for something that's moved and they can't find it. So I thought I'd be proactive and post a couple of changes to the forum I made tonight:

- We decided to join Movie Talk and In The Theaters into one forum. It was getting confusing for some members where their posts can go, and the volume of posts in both forum areas were such that it made sense to join them.

- Except for Paramount (THANK YOU MARTIN BLYTHE) the studios were reading but not responding to the posts made in Studio Talk. Communication is a 2 way street, so I've closed studio talk until the rest of the major studios commit to answering member questions

- G
Old 11-06-01, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Forum Changes: Merge Movie Talk/In The Theaters & Close Studio Talk

i thought studio talk was cool although i didnt participate much. but i agree its kinda just a wish list without the studios responding
Old 11-06-01, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I was starting to question the usefulness of Studio Talk (sans M. Blythe of course), since we seem to discuss so many more titles in the DVD Talk main forum.

And good call on the movies.
Old 11-06-01, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm all for the merging of movie talk and in the theaters, thanks for doing that Geoff!

It's a shame more wasn't happening with studio talk as it really was a good idea.
Old 11-06-01, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Gee, I guess I'm in the minority but I really liked the separate "In the Theater" forum. I liked having the one forum that I knew would just deal with what's in the theaters this weekend or coming up, but now it'll be merged with all the "Best Villains," "Best Gunfight," "Best Movie Starring Rutger Hauer" type threads that clutter up the Movie forum. Anyone else like it the way it was? ...Oh well....
Old 11-06-01, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great call on both counts.

Merging the 2 movie groups just makes sense... many new members were confused about where to put topics (for example, where do you put a discussion about something like Indiana Jones IV, which hasn't even been started yet). It wasn't particularly clear from the forum titles. I've even seen moderators get confused more than once and move topics to incorrect forums.

As much as I loved the Studio Talk concept, I stopped visiting there weeks ago (and stopped posting long before that). You get the definite sense that you're talking to yourself whenever you posted there. Sad to see it go, but without studio participation, it didn't make much sense to keep it. Maybe when Universal decides to answer the questions we gave them, we can re-open the forum... should be around 2003, right?
Old 11-06-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree studio forum was nice, but it seemed many people were getting down right mean cause they didn't get answers fast enough and such. maybe it can return when studios find time to reply.
Old 11-06-01, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
good move
that made room for my sports forum
Old 11-06-01, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by twikoff
good move
that made room for my sports forum
Good point !
Old 11-09-01, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
So are we at least going to have a Paramount thread for Mr. Blythe in the DVD Talk forum?
Old 11-09-01, 10:51 AM
Registered

A thread for martin is a great idea!