Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com (E-Mail problem)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-01, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Well, I have got a problem with their E-Mail support: I have sent them a lot of mails in the past and I always immediately got back an auto-reply saying my mail will be answered soon and I also got the answer within 24-hours. But not recently. I sent them an E-Mail yesterday in morning but i neither got an auto-reply nor an answer. I thought that may be someone here knows whats up at Amazon: Is there a problem with their mail-server (because they don't even send auto-replys anymore) or does it take longer for them to answer mails than a few months ago? Thank you for reading.

wkr
Georg
Old 10-26-01, 01:49 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can get things done a lot quicker if you call them at 1-800-201-7575, unless you live out of the U.S.

I wrote a couple of times in the past and one time I didn't receive the auto-reply but received a reply in 1 or 2 days at most.
Old 10-27-01, 02:33 AM

Something is definitely wrong with Amazon's mail system. Read the PS2 threads in the Video Game Forum to see all the people who have been flooded by automated e-mails. So far I have received 325 shipping confirmations for one item I bought (and have already received in the mail). I think this is the third day now, and I'm still getting 4 or 5 e-mails an hour from them. I sure hope they fix this problem soon. If anybody has any more info about what exactly is going on at Amazon, please let us know.
Old 10-27-01, 06:23 AM

Hi,

Well, it seems like I was a little bit too impatient. I checked my mails a couple of minutes ago and I got one from Amazon. So it looks like Amazon justs sends no auto-replys anymore.

Thank you for trying to help my eau: The problem is that I do live outside the U.S. (that's why my English isn't perfect) and I believe it isn't possible to call US 800's from Europe.

wkr
Georg
Old 10-27-01, 07:09 AM
Suspended

Amazon has been having some computer software glitches lately which was confirmed by their customer service. Last week, a customer service rep confirmed to me that a DVD of mine shipped on 10/22. Their web site tracking system said it was shipping soon. Two days later it said that the item shipped on 10/24 when I actually received the item in my mailbox on 10/24. I also never got any shipping confirmation e-mail from them for the first time in my many transactions with them.