Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDplanet is honoring Laughing Out Loud Box set for $6.99

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-18-01, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I wanted to post this in the thread that mentioned this bargain a few weeks ago, but I guess it was locked by some overzealous moderator. In most other threads about bargains that are corrected by the retailer, the thread is left open for people to report whether it actually went through or not.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...light=laughing

Anyway, I got a call from DVDplanet last night, saying that they would honor 1 copy at the misprice of $6.99 (I had ordered 2), and that any other copies would be at the normal $34.95.
I said I'd be happy to get the one copy, and thanked them for honoring the deal, not feeling that they were obligated to do so.

Many thanks to member TripWire for posting this deal back in early September.
Old 10-18-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn’t lock the original thread myself but if I’d seen it I would have or at least moved it. The deal was dead and no new news was forthcoming. If the aftermath of a deal is sufficiently involved then yes, the thread will be left in this forum until the posts have died down somewhat and then a more appropriate forum can be found for it (usually "Store" where this is headed). If it is not bumped and simply falls off the page then chances are it will remain in it’s original forum to die a slow ignominious death, forgotten and alone, just like a once cherished childhood toy or a favorite pen that no longer works.

On behalf of all the Mods thanks for the praise about our zeal - it is appreciated. And thanks for drawing my attention to a thread in which a Madacy title was the subject of a "Bargain".
Old 10-18-01, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was merely pointing out the inconsistency of the "moderation" on this board. Indeed, sometimes it's very moderate, and sometimes it's a little overzealous.

I appreciate the efforts of the mods in this forum. I'm sure it's not an easy job, and I think this place is a lot better off for having it. I'm an avid DVDtalk supporter, refer other people to the site, and use the affiliate links whenever possible.

By the way, just curious why the thread "Free S/H at ColumbiaHouse.com", is still sitting in the Bargains forum after being started on 10/11, and hasn't been moved to the DVD Clubs forum.
Maybe just inconsistent zeal.
Old 10-18-01, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dvd2001

....or maybe we don’t/can’t read every thread. Thanks for pointing it out though - I will investigate.
Old 10-18-01, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, just curious why the thread "Free S/H at ColumbiaHouse.com", is still sitting in the Bargains forum after being started on 10/11, and hasn't been moved to the DVD Clubs forum.
Unfortunately, moderators can't read every response to every thread. That said, we all try to be as consistent and fair as possible.

If you have a specific recommendation for a thread to be moved, your best bet would be to use the "Report this Thread to a Moderator" function. Although not a guarantee that the moderator's will take the action you recommend, it's a very direct way to have your opinion heard and represented in the moderation of these boards.

I was merely pointing out the inconsistency of the "moderation" on this board. Indeed, sometimes it's very moderate, and sometimes it's a little overzealous.
Your feedback is appreciated, but if you want to continue this discussion, please use the Feedback forum.

Thanks.

-stevevt
Old 10-18-01, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: DVDplanet is honoring Laughing Out Loud Box set for $6.99

Well, I wanted to post this in the thread that mentioned this bargain a few weeks ago, but I guess it was locked by some overzealous moderator

Thread closed by gkleinman on 09-29-01 09:56 AM.
Old 10-18-01, 07:13 PM

back to the meat of this discussion, has anyone else been contacted? I too had one of these on order (and had totally forgotten about it) but haven't heard from or checked dvdplanet.com

Who needs better than madacy when it's just standup?