Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Cool Shrek Dvd Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-01, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Shrek Dvd Review

Hey you guys,
I am new here. Looking forward to participating more. My first set of duty to the board that I have been visiting for months is to give you a link to Shrek DVD Review. I just read it and can't wait for this way cool movie.

http://dreamworksfansite.com/editori...VD_Preview.php

I ordered my copy from Amazon last week and literally crossing dates on the calendar.

Dorothy
Old 10-17-01, 09:29 AM

Welcome Dorothy! Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the DVD also. I pre-ordered mine through Blockbuster's Shrek Deal a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-17-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's a pretty good editorial! Thanks!

I'll be getting this, but probably just buying it for the cheapest price(since I work for hollywood video, and the BB rentals mean Zilch to me).

robyn
Old 10-17-01, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by RDYoung
That's a pretty good editorial! Thanks!

I'll be getting this, but probably just buying it for the cheapest price(since I work for hollywood video, and the BB rentals mean Zilch to me).

robyn
No offense to your workplace, but what is up with Hollywood's 99 cent stores? I got ten free rentals from Hollywood with my DVD player and the only Hollywood near me is a 99 cent store. It has the worst DVD selection. I think the newest DVD they have is Little Nicky! Maybe you know nothing of Hollywood Videos corporate plans, but why do they have these horrid 99 cent stores in the middle of affluent Chicago neighborhood?

Sorry just had to vent a little. I actually prefer HV to BB in the instances that it isn't one of these 99 cent stores.
Old 10-17-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for the info Dorothy, but this isn't a review-it just mentions what is on the discs, without any critical info like how good the picture and sound is, how good the supplements are, etc. It should be a great set though-Dreamworks is one of the best at producing DVD's. The only reason I want to read a review of this title is to make sure there aren't any glitches like a technical problem that would result in having to exchange the disc. That's highly unlikely, but I like to read a review ahead of time to be sure.
Old 10-17-01, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Drexl
Thanks for the info Dorothy, but this isn't a review-it just mentions what is on the discs, without any critical info like how good the picture and sound is, how good the supplements are, etc. It should be a great set though-Dreamworks is one of the best at producing DVD's. The only reason I want to read a review of this title is to make sure there aren't any glitches like a technical problem that would result in having to exchange the disc. That's highly unlikely, but I like to read a review ahead of time to be sure.
DVD reviews *NEVER* notice a glitch with a disc, even if there's an incompatiblity issue with some players....so not even a review would help you there.
Old 10-17-01, 12:14 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Welcome on board. I have preordered Shrek and am looking forward to it
Old 10-17-01, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by LBPound23
DVD reviews *NEVER* notice a glitch with a disc, even if there's an incompatiblity issue with some players....so not even a review would help you there.
Actually, I was talking about a more obvious problem (usually with the soundtrack) that results in the studio doing a recall or at least a repressing with a way to replace the original disc like with Jurassic Park (DTS), Leon, Disney's Tarzan, The Black Hole, etc. I know that a lot of discs can have glitches with certain players, but the only thing I'll do in that case is buy the disc and see.
Old 10-17-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jpalm

No offense to your workplace, but what is up with Hollywood's 99 cent stores? I got ten free rentals from Hollywood with my DVD player and the only Hollywood near me is a 99 cent store. It has the worst DVD selection. I think the newest DVD they have is Little Nicky! Maybe you know nothing of Hollywood Videos corporate plans, but why do they have these horrid 99 cent stores in the middle of affluent Chicago neighborhood?

Sorry just had to vent a little. I actually prefer HV to BB in the instances that it isn't one of these 99 cent stores.
You're right in that I have no Idea of the corporate plan. I only know that we are not a 99 cent store(I don't even know how that whole thing works). I thought that once I heard that the number of releases corporate buys is somewhat based on how much money the region has to spend, and how much the stores within the region rent. It may be that the 99 cent store near you doesn't do that great of business, so that influences the amount of product that they get.

As far as rental stuff goes, our prices are a few cents higher than blockbuster, but really, I think many of our policies are better, including the whole time issue(5 days=5 days, not 4 1/2).

As far as our selection, we generally get many new releases, and the dvds go PV pretty quickly.

robyn
Old 10-18-01, 09:05 AM
Banned

I have had great experience with DreamWorks DVDs. I love their menus. Not a big fan of Universal DVDs.

How is MUMMY RETURNS DVD? Anyone knows
Old 10-21-01, 09:11 AM
ykh

Mummy Returns is quite ULTIMATE, I really like this EDITION.
Old 10-21-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by dorothy786
I have had great experience with DreamWorks DVDs. I love their menus. Not a big fan of Universal DVDs.

Actually Universal is pretty good with their releases. If they didn't have the itch to re-release pretty good titles into Ultimate Editions, it would be even better. That way when you bought something, you wouldn't worry about it becoming inferior in 10 months.

Dreamworks, Fox, and Universal are the tops of the DVD game for me.
Old 10-21-01, 02:33 PM
ykh

Originally posted by Jericho

Actually Universal is pretty good with their releases. If they didn't have the itch to re-release pretty good titles into Ultimate Editions, it would be even better. That way when you bought something, you wouldn't worry about it becoming inferior in 10 months.

Dreamworks, Fox, and Universal are the tops of the DVD game for me.
Actually it's 7 months, just before the Scorpion King hits theatres. I'm waiting.
Old 10-22-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dorothy786

The DVD is very good, I would not give it an excellent rating. My excellent rating goes to "Star Wars" and "Snow White".

The menus for MR are very original and you get a trailer for the "Scorpio King".

But, overall I like the original "Mummy" DVD better.
Old 10-23-01, 06:53 PM

Hi all

The Mummy Returns is sure one helluva DVD! Love it. Only glitch is that it's not
an Ultimate Ed.

Will be getting the Shrek DVD today. Can't wait to see it. This is my first 'animated'
disc to add to my DVD collection.