Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestbuy.com confusion...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Bestbuy.com confusion...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-01, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bestbuy.com confusion...

I was trying to use the $10 coupon I got in e-mail to buy a dvd as a gift, but several things puzzled me:

1. A lot (bunches) of DVD's have weird availability. Pretty common movies say they ship within 10-15 business days (Dead Poets Society), and some movies have wacky release dates (ex: Girl, Interrupted, which has been out for a couple of months, is showing as a Pre-order, to be released on 10/30?). Any ideas?

2. Can anybody tell me what the "Order Charge" is in check out? Are they just applying an extra fee for buying online?

I think I'll just buy the DVD at a B&M.
Old 10-16-01, 12:47 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the order charge is just the per order base charge that other online etailers name it. Basically, BB charges $2.98 for shipping one DVD, and $0.99 for an additional DVD. Amazon charges the same.

Another way is to select in-store pickup when you checkout. That is, you can use the online coupon and avoid the $2.98 shipping. If you are not using the coupon, I would be glad to take it from you since BB never send me one
Old 10-16-01, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by eau
Another way is to select in-store pickup when you checkout. That is, you can use the online coupon and avoid the $2.98 shipping. If you are not using the coupon, I would be glad to take it from you since BB never send me one
I'd gladly give it to you, but I'd already entered the code. Which is a shame, b/c now I don't think I'm gonna buy anything with it.
Old 10-16-01, 11:31 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why don't you use it and buy a $15 gift card? No shipping charge. Just pay $5 more and you can have $15 credit to use in the future (no expiry until BB goes under).
Old 10-16-01, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent idea... thanks. There's a Best Buy opening up nearby soon, so that'll be useful.
Old 10-18-01, 08:52 AM

Any one having problems selecting In Store pickup on their website? I'm using an older version of Netscrape (intentional misspelling) and no matter which of my 3 stores I select, when I select Recalculate Total, I get a Javascript error "Please select a Store!"
Old 10-18-01, 12:24 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Their website is not optimized for "Netscrape". I tried to load their movie dept page using Netscrape and I received a blank frame with only the top and left sections shown. I tried IE and no problem there.