Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for CDNOW orders to get to Chicago?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-01, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first order with them shipped on Friday Oct. 5, but I still have not received it. I picked the regular shipping option and it was only one DVD. How long does it take for their orders to reach Chicago? At what point should I contact them?
Old 10-09-01, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Its only been a few days, plus Columbus day on Monday. They say shipped on Friday, but that probably means it left their warehouse in the afternoon. I would say Thursday or Friday of this week.
Old 10-10-01, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by chanster
Its only been a few days, plus Columbus day on Monday. They say shipped on Friday, but that probably means it left their warehouse in the afternoon. I would say Thursday or Friday of this week.
Oh, okay. Thx.
Old 10-11-01, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still have not received it yet. Does CDNOW have any method to trace these things? How are they about sending replacements?
Old 10-12-01, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cancel your order and they'll send it over night ( Well almost )... online companies are starting to hit a all time low in satifaction... internet commerce in crumbling
Old 10-12-01, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
Still have not received it yet. Does CDNOW have any method to trace these things? How are they about sending replacements?
I wouldn't completely give up yet...if it was shipping through the plain-old postal service, it could just be delayed. It happens. I'd wait until Monday.
Old 10-12-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You ordered it a week ago.

Monday was a holiday.

It's been 4 (open post office) days.

Assume that it actually got shipped out on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Add 5 to 7 business days after that.

I wouldn't be the least be concerned until a week from today. I might be agitated and anxious, but not at all concerned. And certainly not thinking about their replacement policy.

These are the perils of choosing standard delivery.
Old 10-15-01, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, it's officially been 10 days now since the day i got shipping confirmation, and I still haven't received my order yet. What the heck do I do now? I didn't ask for it to be shipped separately either, 'cuz the other part of the order comes out tomorrow. Since they shipped it USPS, is there still a way to track this order? What is their policy in this situation, their email didn't mention anything. Do they send me a replacement or just say tough?

Last edited by huzefa; 10-15-01 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-16-01, 12:31 PM

Okay, it's officially been 10 days now since the day i got shipping confirmation, and I still haven't received my order yet. What the heck do I do now? I didn't ask for it to be shipped separately either, 'cuz the other part of the order comes out tomorrow. Since they shipped it USPS, is there still a way to track this order? What is their policy in this situation, their email didn't mention anything. Do they send me a replacement or just say tough?
Give a call (or write) their customer service...I've never had a problem such as this, but from my general experience I would imagine that they would send you another order.
Old 10-16-01, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
huzefa,

I used to order tons from CDNow, still do, but not as much.
They always used super duper slow UPS. It would take mine
usually 7-10 days, and I hated that. Even amazon's UPS was faster. Not sure if CDNow has some sort of slow as molasses deal with UPS or something.

Neitzl
Old 10-16-01, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Neitzl
huzefa,

I used to order tons from CDNow, still do, but not as much.
They always used super duper slow UPS. It would take mine
usually 7-10 days, and I hated that. Even amazon's UPS was faster. Not sure if CDNow has some sort of slow as molasses deal with UPS or something.

Neitzl
I'm used to the 2-3 day speed of Priority mail, and just can't imagine anyone using anything else, especially when I pay $4.99 for shipping. Where did you ship yours orders to?
Old 10-16-01, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, people. Finally received this today. Package was torn to hell, with half my address missing.... you couldn't even see what state it was going to. But luckily my zip code was on there so it didn't matter much. Anyway, I hope all of my orders don't take this long. Thanks foryour help.