Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Camera Scummy Vendors

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-01, 01:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience last week with some Digital Camera Vendors that I found using the Price Search function.

After going through what I went through, I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing your camera from a company with a good track record for customer service. Last week when I used the price search, Ifound quite a few companies that were offering cameras $50 - $100 below a Circuit City or Best Buy. When I called about the camera, I received one of two responses.

A. The shipping charges were $50!!!
B. They were trying to sell excessories on top of the camera!

When I refused to purchase the add-ons, they would hang up on me. When I called back.....the camera mysterious was no longer available or on a 6 week back order.

Not to say that a Circuit City or Best Buy had the best Customer Service out there, but at least there is a legitiment company to back the product. My experience with online companies such as Camera Zone, Camera Mall, GNCDIgital.com, and such....was horrible! Again, stick with the companies you know!
Old 10-09-01, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdogg,

Your option b) happened to me also - one of the super low cost NYC camera shops. I refused the accessories - told him (truthfully) that I had already purchased them on Ebay. He gave me an order number. I called two days later to get a tracking number - I was put on hold then told of the backorder. I immediately cancelled. They didn't want to - until I said the magic two words: Attorney General - then it was cancelled. I called the 2nd best price place and they were very cool. Received the camera in 5 days.

The key is to stay on top of any purchases. Sad that it's come to that but...